052: Far from royalty

|Diavolo Tchenkov|

There has to be a hidden agenda behind
Ivana's motives and the moment I received the invitation to a grand masquerade ball to celebrate the new heir; Isadora Cordova.

That's when it sank in, she will become more powerful with this title and having her rule over the prestigious Italian lineage will cause utter destruction for the rest of the mafia.

Isadora Cordova, the power radiated from the bold golden font and bled into my skin. She wasn't one of us because she surpassed those levels and will dominate us all within a matter of time.

True to form of this spectacular announcement, Ivana hosted it on her soil; Italy. She is known for hosting extravagant events but we haven't seen her planning in over ten years. I am expecting her to bring out the entire allure of The Cordova name. There are many things to expect but even I hate to admit that in this situation the unexpected can occur.

Isadora often popped up in my mind, what would she be doing? Did she miss us? Did she miss me? Wait, what the fuck?

I would have travelled alone to gain some of Isadora's attention but being at the top, there are many people out for my head, to kill The Tchenkov line once and for all.

Therefore, a few of my trusted family joined me; Nikolai, Nadia, Sebastian and Alysanne. Azarov would have accompanied me but he insisted on time with Cora and Alysanne seemingly didn't want to leave her side but it involved her best friend which was a no brainer. Sebastian might not appear as lethal as the rest but that's his secret weapon, you underestimate the pretty boy. Having all of us in one place would be chaotic but having a vast amount of royals will be catastrophic and that is the wicked woman's plan.

We devised a game plan, I will have the opportunity to speak to Isadora and convince her that this isn't her home and that it is with me. I mean us. The midnight sky glistened with the stars that danced through the night; the limo was filled with chatter between all of us. I couldn't think of anything else but Isadora and for some reason my mind became flustered. Staring out of the tinted windows once the gate opened to her manor, which was packed with large numbers of limo's contained with formidable guests that constantly stepped out with their luxurious suits and gowns.

Ivana is a woman that is polished from the inside and out, excluding her rotten personality. Once we rounded this architectural metal ball towards the shining white lights from inside the mansion, our limo parked outside the entrance and we casually slipped on our masks. The half ebony mask matched my suit which covered only my right eye.

Once one of her minions opened the door, I slipped out as the rest followed my lead, the scent of matured wine and nature drifted through the wind. The mansion is painted in stark white, with accentuating lights blaring through the windows. It screamed simple in my opinion but classy in Ivana's. We followed the path initiating through the double doors into her event.

The layout matched Ivana to the finest detail because it reflected; extortionate and sophistication. There was once a rumour that Ivana used to be of lower class; scavenging for food along the streets covered in dirt and now there wasn't even another colour in the rainbow included in her home. I recognised a few influential families that are under my command, fake pleasantries are exchanged and we continue on our separate ways. You cannot ignore that everyone wants to be at the top, loyal followers don't exist in this line of work but they continue to follow your every command because if you can't be at the top then you rather have a strong connection with the one who is.

The conversation would always shift to the mysterious heir Isadora Cordova who will take over the throne, is she as beautiful as Ivana? Is that her real daughter? Will she revive The Cordova's? There are a million different questions that they would ask but we knew the truth, what she looked like; the most beautiful goddess in the world, what she smelt like; dark chocolate and whiskey.