Road Trip

Millie's POV:
Great. I was so excited to go on a road trip with my family... until they decided to invite the Sinks too. I was mostly pissed that Sadie was coming with us, since we've been enemies basically since we would talk. She always teases me about my height, when actually she's barely 5 inches taller than me. I'm 5'3 and she's 5'8, which is pretty tall for a 16 year old.

Anyway, I've got my bag and now I'm heading to the car. "Cheer up Millie, you two girls will be fine!" My mum said, opening the boot.
I just groaned in annoyance, "Mum, we haven't gotten along ever!"
"Well, maybe this trip will change that." My mum smiled and ruffled my hair. She's being way too optimistic.

The reason they're coming along with us, is because Sadie's mum and my mum are best friends. They have been since secondary school. I guess they intended for us to be the same but they thought wrong. That'll never work out. Sadie's just too cocky and always pulls pranks. Especially in school. Last time, she balanced a bucket on top of the door and soaked me from head to toe. I could've punched that smug grin.

My thoughts got interrupted by shouts coming closer. The Sinks. My mum helped them out their bags in the boot before they all greeted us. "What's up shorty?" Sadie asked teasingly.
"Oh shut up." I said, hitting her arm.
"That really hurt." Sadie mocked, rubbing her arm.
"I swear to-"
"Girls, get in the car!" My mum shouted from inside.
I groaned, and opened the door for Sadie. "Get in then."
"Ok grumpy!" Sadie said.

She got in and I looked inside the car. No more seats. "Mum! Where am I meant to sit?" I asked.
My mum looked into the back from the front seat. "Sorry hun, there's no more seats. You're gonna have to sit on Sadie's lap." She said.
"No way!" I said.
"Oh come on, you can't sit on the kid's laps!" My mum said.
"I'd rather sit on the car roof!" I argued.
"Well that isn't happening. Get in before we get stuck in traffic!" My mum urged.
"For fucks sake!" I groaned.
"Language!" My dad shouted.
"Sorry." I murmured, getting in the car and sitting on Sadie's lap.

She grinned and I rolled my eyes. "How long do we have to drive?" I asked, wanting it to end before we've even left.
"Uhhh... without traffic, around 8 hours." My dad answered.
"Better get comfortable princess." Sadie teased.
"Shut the hell up." I said, hitting her around the head.
"Oi!" She yelled.
"Girls!" Sadie's mum warned, "We're heading off now."
I crossed my arms and leant against the left car door. I got my phone out my pocket and went on TikTok.

Sadie went on her phone too, but literally 10 minutes later she stopped. "My phone died." She whined.
I laughed, "You didn't charge it before we left?" I asked.
"Obviously not, otherwise it wouldn't be dead." She grumbled.
"That's on you." I laughed again.
"Can I borrow your charger?" She asked.
"Nah." I answered.
"You're not even using it!" Sadie argued.
"So?!" I replied.
"I will yank those goddamn earphones out-"
"Fine! Here." I said, handing her my wireless charger.

"Thanks." She said, plugging her phone in. "K, I'm gonna go sleep while it charges." She lay her head against the car door.
"I was sitting there!" I shouted.
"Well, I'm here now." She said smugly.
I pushed her off the door and sat back against it. "Now you're not." I grinned.
"Oh come on! Where should I put my head then huh?" She asked.
"Up your ass." I giggled.
"That's it." She lay her head on my shoulder.
"Get the hell off!" I warned.
"Nope." She answered.

"You're gonna give me a dead arm." I said.
"You're gonna give me dead legs." She replied.
"Imagine copying." I said.
"Imagine being 5'3." She laughed.
"That's average!" I argued defensively.
"That's what they all say." She answered, "Anyway I'm sleeping now."
"What? No!" I tried pushing her head off but it didn't work. "For fucks sake." I muttered under my breath.