The accident.

Max's POV:
It's 7 am, which means it's time to wake up. Ugh, I really can't be arsed to go to work today.

El suddenly burst through the door. "It's Friday, it's Friday!" She cheered, dancing around the room.
"El shut up! It's only 7!" I groaned, covering my ears with my pillow. 
"Tomorrow's Saturday! And you know what that means right?" She jumped on the bed, "Theme park!"
"Stopppp. I'm gonna push you off the rides I swear." I pulled the blanket over my head.

She giggled and grabbed our teddy off the bed. "At least Bear loves me."
"I love you too!" I protested, looking at her.
El smiled, "I know you do. Now go get ready and I'll make breakfast."

I groaned, "I don't wanna."
"Come on, I'll make whatever you want."
"Pancakes?"
"Pancakes. Only if you get up though."
"Nooooo." I whined.

She pulled the blankets off me and quickly lifted me onto her back before I could say anything. "Hold on." She said as she jumped off the bed.
I wrapped my arms around her neck as she dropped me off at the bathroom. "There you go. I bet the pancakes will be ready before you."
"Yeah right." I said, closing the door, "I'll be faster!"

I heard her chuckle and go into the kitchen. 30 minutes later, I was ready and changed. I'm a professional skater by the way, I've broken a few bones because of it but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Oh yeah, El's a police officer with Hopper, which is cute. Her uniform is at the station though. I've used to watch her when she was in training, and let me just say she's hot as fuck normally and on the job.

I walked into the kitchen and saw her looking at her pancake batter weird. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her from behind. "I win." I said, kissing her cheek.
She blushed and put her free hand over mine. "Is it meant to look like that?" She asked.
"Lemme see." I rested my head on her shoulder as she got a spoon of it and poured it back into the bowl. I chuckled as I saw how gloopy it was. "I don't think so. Here, I'll help."

Together we remade the pancakes, and this time the batter was smooth. 20 minutes or so later, they were done. "There we go." I said, washing my hands.
"Thanks." El said, putting flour on my nose. She giggled as I slowly turned around.

I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder, "Put me down!" She screamed as I laughed.
"This is what you get for being naughty." I threw her onto a chair and she quickly stood up before tackling me onto the sofa.

"Holy shit- I forgot you could do that." I said, looking up at her.
Her legs were on either side of my waist and she smiled as she leaned down to kiss me. I cupped her face as I kissed back, and a couple seconds later she pulled away.
"Come on, you don't wanna be late." She got off me and I stood up, still blushing.

We ate our pancakes and after washing up El had to leave. "I've gotta go, I'll see you tonight okay?"
"Okay, bye babe." I said, giving her a quick kiss.
She smiled, "I love you." She said, walking towards the door.
"I love you too!" I said just before she shut it.

5 minutes passed, and I had just grabbed my skateboard and bag and locked the door behind me, when I heard a deafening crash. I heard screams and car horns so I quickly headed down the street to see what had happened.

There was a massive pile of metal, it must've been at least 4 cars. Flames started to spread so I tried to get a closer look before it was too difficult and that's when I saw something that made my heart drop.

El's license plate.

Without thinking, I ran towards the crash, ignoring the shouts from the people around me. I managed to avoid the flames as I reached a car. I looked inside, blood all over the seats, but no El. Another, no El. It was beginning to get hotter, so I rushed to the closest car.