Want to hate you

El had been back for almost 2 years now, and her and Max still haven't exchanged a word since that first day. The day El rejected Max's handshake. The day they became enemies.

They were 16, and it was the summer holidays. AKA, the best time to hang out with your best friends. It was unfortunate Max's enemy turned out to be best friends with the boys too, but she's just grown to ignore the bitch. And she's gonna continue to do that. Not that difficult right? Turns out it is harder than she expected. Especially when they're expected to share a room for a weekend.

They're all going to the same hotel as they do every summer, but can only afford 3 rooms between them. Since they're all older now, the boys thought it would be best if the girls shared a room, and the 4 boys split up to share the other two.

Not a bad idea if you think about it, but when it's your enemy it's way less desirable. Whatever, it's not like she has anyone else to hang out with in the summer. All she has to do is sleep in the room, she can still stick to ignoring El. Eleven herself has ignored her for basically 2 years, so it's time she gets a taste of her own medicine.

You see, Max tried for months to befriend El. But no matter what she did it never worked. She has no idea why and now she doesn't care why. But deep down it still hurts, I mean who wouldn't wanna be friends with the cool superhero girl?

Anyway, the boys had finally met up at the park so Max stood up from the bench. "Took you long enough." She said, "Where were you all?"
"Dustin's mum had to triple check his bag, as well as ours." Lucas panted, catching his breath after running the whole way.
Max looked behind the boys and huffed, "Where's El?" She asked.
She noticed Mike and Will share a nervous glance, "We haven't seen her yet. She said on the walkie's she's on the way though." Mike answered.

And a minute later, El arrived. She had a rucksack on her back with only one strap on her shoulder. This is what she was wearing.

This is what I was wearing in case you were wondering

A/N: Didn't mean to go first person but here we are ig, we're in Max's POV btw

She was the sort of girl who was effortlessly pretty, like no matter where she was, people would stare at her. "Hey El." Mike said, I was surprised when she only gave him a small nod, normally she hugs him or something. Whatever.
"Yo, it's gonna get super hot soon. We should head off." Lucas warned.
"Right, let's go." Dustin said, already walking.