Spider-Max

My name's Max, and if you didn't know already, I'm the Spider-Man of Hawkins. That's right, just like in the comics. Except well, technically I'm Spider-Woman but you get what I mean.

My life was amazing. I was finally dating El after liking her for so long, I enjoyed what I did and I loved meeting the kids who looked up to me.

Well, that was until 2 weeks ago. The day I 'killed' Hopper. Lemme just explain what happened before you start judging.

——————————
Jim Hopper, the respectable Hawkins Chief of Police. He was El's adoptive dad and they both loved each other a lot. One evening I was just swinging around town, making sure everything was okay. But I saw someone Hopper head into a trailer, but he was fully clothed in black and was constantly looking around him.

Obviously I thought that was suspicious so I made myself invisible and quickly snuck through the door before it shut. A large man stood on one side of the kitchen island, and Hopper sat at the other.

"Drink this." The man said, "I've made it specifically for you. It'll increase your strength by great amounts, just as you asked for."
Hopper nodded and grabbed the beaker filled with a minty blue liquid. "And this has no side effects?"
"You're drinking a mix of chemicals and modifiers Hop. There's gonna be risks."
He sighed and looked at it once more before speaking, "I'll have it."
"You're a good man Jim. Go ahead." He patted Hopper's shoulder as he drank it in one gulp.

He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, "I feel alright for now."
"Good, good." His friend said, "You may feel soreness in your muscles as they strengthen, but that's all part of the process."
"Okay. Well I gotta get home, Jane's gonna be back from her training soon and she's coming over with her girl."
"Oh yeah, that Max girl right?"
"Yep. She's a good kid."
"I'll take your word for it. See ya Jim."
"Thanks Quinn."

Quinn? Oh yeah, he's the guy who owns the corner shop. I didn't know he could make modifiers like that. Good for him.

Hopper got back into his car and began driving back to the cabin. Oh shit, El's gonna be home in a second.

I quickly swung back to our apartment, and I rolled in through the window, landing on my feet. I ran to our room and quickly wore normal clothes over my suit so I could to go out. I heard the door unlock as I was putting on my jeans, and I stumbled out of the room so I could greet her.

El caught me just before I fell and looked at me weirdly before laughing. "Why are you in such a hurry?" She asked me, taking off her police vest and going into the bedroom.
"Aren't we going to Hopper's?" I said, confused.
"Yeah, in like half an hour. You don't need to rush."
"Oh." I said. "Well, I missed you." I said, jumping into her arms.
She smiled, "I missed you too." She gave me a gentle kiss, "But you need to get out so I can get changed."

"Awwh, let me stay." I whined.
She sighed, "Only if you turn around."
I smirked, "No promises." She hit my head playfully and I laughed, turning around anyway.

——————————
Half an hour later, we reached the cabin and El opened the car door for me. "Thank you." I said as she smiled. I looked at the cabin. Something felt different. We made our way up the stairs and El knocked on the door. Hopper opened it and I saw his eyes watering.

"Hey dad. Are you okay?" El asked as we walked inside.
"Yep. Just had a stressful day." He said. His voice sounded strained. Something was definitely wrong.
"You should sit down." El said, grabbing him by the shoulders and sitting him down on the sofa. I watched him carefully, he had sweat on his forehead and his eyes were slightly red.
"No no." He said, quickly getting up, "I've made dinner for us all." He rushed to the kitchen and El looked at me.
"Something's wrong." She said.
"I know. I feel it too." I answered. It's gotta do with the modifier.