Used to?

El and Max were 16 and had moved into an apartment together not long ago. They've been best friends since they were 13 and cherished each moment they had together.

Eleven had gone out with the party to hang out while Max stayed at home to catch up on maths since she was failing right now. She was just listening to music while thinking of how to torture whoever invented maths when she heard the door open.

Her roommate entered her bedroom and smiled when she saw her. "Hey, how was it?" Max asked, taking her AirPods out.
"Sooo fun. You should've came!" El said, taking her coat off and hanging it on the back of the door.
"I have to catch up on maths otherwise I'll fail again." Max explained, sighing as she looked back down at her bullshit questions.
"You won't, you're smart." El said.
"Mhm, we'll Miss Bitch doesn't think so." Max joked.
El giggled and turned to face Max.

"I know this is a different subject. But someone told me you used to have a crush on me. Is that true?" She asked, leaning on Max's desk to get closer to her.
Max blushed, the truth is she did have a crush on El. In fact, she still does. She's just been to scared to admit it. Maybe this is her chance?
"No, it's not true." Max answered.
"Oh." El said, looking away. She was confused by the sudden feeling of disappointment rushing through her.

Before she could say anything else, she felt a hand on her chin. She looked at Max and saw caught her staring at her lips. She blushed hard and Max smirked. "Used to?" The ginger girl whispered.
El's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You have a crush on me?" She asked.
"Why don't I just show you?" Max suggested boldly, leaning in to kiss her.

Their lips met and they both felt fireworks in their stomach. Their mouths moved in sync and Max felt heat rushing all around her body.

A few seconds later, she pulled away. Her face was as red as her hair but she still had her signature smirk. "Does that answer your question?" She asked sweetly.
El looked at her dreamily, "I don't know, I think you'll have to remind me."

Max smiled and kissed her again. She pulled away and asked El the question she's been dreaming of, "El, would you like to be my girlfriend?"
The girl's face lit up, "I'd love to."

419 words