The Forbidden Section

————
Im about to make a bunch of shit up about the wizarding world lol
———-
Y/n POV:

     Quidditch was something I went to when I felt sad...flying and sweating and working hard took my mind off the fact that I'd lost all the friends I'd had since first year...ugh...fuck them I didn't need them. Practice went by too fast and soon I was left with at least a few hours until Severus was done doing whatever it is he was up to. I had promised him I'd check out the clubs posted on the board outside the great hall. I went there after grabbing some food, and skimmed the list.

- wizards chess club
- Dueling club
- Herbology club
- Ancient myths club
- Philosophy club
- Model UN
- Astronomy club
- Theatre club

Herbology club was something that stood out to me, it was miraculous how Severus put together remedies using ingredients that came from the earth. It was either that, or astronomy club...and herbology seemed to peak my interest more. Perfect..they are meeting in thirty minutes. Nature was the inspiration for all of my artwork, I loved hiking with my family in Ireland where I came from. I would run through the grassy hills in bare feet, and I never felt more connected to myself than when I was connecting with nature. Some of my old friends called me a hippie when I talked about it, but maybe the people in this club would relate. I felt excited..nervous.

       The club took place in the herbology classroom of course, but apparently they went on excursions to forage for herbs sometimes. That sounded really fun. I arrived five minutes early and there were already a few people there including someone I'd known only because she was also a prefect. The Hufflepuff head girl, she was kind, quiet, stunningly beautiful, and beloved in my year. She'd always intrigued me but it was hard to really get to know her. She was always so kind, but maybe I intimidated her in the past....I don't know...overthinking again...

     "Hey Molly, how are you?" I smiled and walked up to her. The others with her I recognized but really didn't even know their names. She smiled back politely and introduced me to the others in the group. There was two more in our year and a few in the year below us. "I hope I'm not too late to join?" I smiled sheepishly at the group waiting for a reply.

     "Y/n, of course you are welcome to join us. We always accept new members, if you're interested in Herbology you'll fit right in." Molly chimed in quickly and everyone agreed right away. Phew...I was in.

     "Thank you! Im really truly excited, this means a lot." Merlin I sounded like such a dork..Molly smiled and pulled a chair beside her and motioned for me to sit. I joined the cute little circle of students and once the remaining five people joined our little group the fun began. We looked at all of the new growth they explained wasn't there the last week they met, showed me all the plants Madame Sprout grew and where they went after they were harvested. We helped her out by doing some weeding and harvesting. Molly showed me some of her favourite flowers and I was genuinely happy. I think I'd found my people, and by the end of the day we'd already made plans to meet that weekend. Severus was so right in pushing me to join a club...I hadn't been this happy with my peers since before the whole incident occurred.

Severus POV:

Severus POV:

       The forbidden section was proving to be very useful, and I was mad at myself for not going there before. Starlight bonds are rare now, but in the ancient times they were quite common, and most magical folk would not marry unless they had the bond. The strongest wizarding lines were created from starlight bonds, but they became rare for a rather dark reason...the silver streaks of starlight that we now had in our hair was an extremely rare and magical gift. An evil wizard discovered that the strongest couples had silver in their hair and was the indicator that they possessed the rarest magical abilities. He set out to destroy and steal these abilities for himself by killing and stealing the hair from them...the abilities I read about included Casting without wands, healing abilities, telekinesis, harnessing starlight, elemental manipulation, and the magic to birth new life....whether that be more magical beings or things in nature. Apparently some magical creatures we still have today were created by the strongest soul bonded beings ever known...the abilities we were given were things I'd only heard about in stories about Greek gods...creation...the power of starlight...it made me shudder. I read on, about the dark times that changed a lot in this world. This ancient evil terrorized magical communities hunting for the bonded pairs with silver in their hair. He killed and harvested their starlight kissed heads to create wands, jewellery, magical items that gave the welders the power that the bonded pairs had. Almost all the known starlight pairs were killed at the time, and out of self preservation or just whatever ancient being gave us these bonds stopped giving...there wasn't another bonded pair for a long time, and slowly slowly after that evil wizard disappeared without a trace the bonds began to come back. The artifacts were lost...and now the bonds were so much rarer....almost all record of this treachery in our past was erased, but you could find almost anything in the restricted section.

    I had to tell y/n...and together I want to try and discover all the magical abilities we now possessed.

and together I want to try and discover all the magical abilities we now possessed