Discovery

??? POV

'Seraphina now a cripple. This is great news. I need to tell her about this, and make sure John doesn't know I know. I don't even want to think about what he'd do to me.'

Sera POV

Once we make it to my dorm we head straight to my room.

"So, what should we do?" John asks as he lays down on my bed.

"I have no idea. I should get ready for all the shit that's going to be said about me once I get back." I say laying down next to him.

"Aren't happy to be going back to school?" John asks looking over to me.

"There is nothing I like about school." I say looking at the ceiling.

"Really? Nothing?" He asks still looking at me. I turn my head to look at his amazing golden eyes.

"M-Maybe there's s-something." I say with a small blush on my face.

"What's that?" John says as he sits up.

"Doesn't matter. Anyway, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty hungry right now." I say trying to change the subject.

"Now that you mention it, we haven't eaten breakfast." He says as he stands up.

"Anything specific you want?" John asks as he walks towards the kitchen.

"Breakfast burrito!" I say excitedly as I walk into the dining room.

"I don't know why I asked, you want a breakfast burrito." He says as he grabs ingredients.

"Well, you make a really good breakfast burrito." I say as I sit down on a chair.

"Yeah, I know. So... you want to talk about your ability, or the lack of it." John says as he turns to me.

"I-I don't know what there is to say. If people find out they'll probably be too scared to test whether or not it's true." I say as John continues making the food.

"They won't be. If people find out you lost your ability they'll start beating you and there won't be anything you can do about it. Please Sera, be careful. No one can know you don't have your ability." John says as he plates the food.

"I already promised I would tell you if anyone found out, I don't know if I can stop people from finding out." I reply. He then walks over to me and places the plates on the table. Once he places the plates he goes over to me and grabs my hands.

"That's a good point, just please be careful. I don't want to see you get hurt." He says as he's holding my hands and is looking into my eyes with his amazing golden eyes.

"I'll try to be careful." I respond. We both then stare into each other's eyes after a few seconds we start leaning closer to each other. Our lips almost touch, but then.

"Seraphina?! There you are! We need to talk. Am I interrupting something." Elaine says walking into the dining room with Remi.

"N-No. W-We were just t-talking." I reply moving away from John.

"Really? Because it looked like you two were about to ki-." Remi says before I cut her off.

"Alright! What do you want?" I say quickly before she can finish her sentence.

Time Skip

Sera POV

I walk into the school and immediately hear people gossiping about me.

"Do you think it's true?"

"How would it even be possible?"

"How would the paper know about something like this?"

"Maybe the paper's lying."

"Cecile isn't one to lie. Especially not on the newspaper. She really cares about the information that goes around the school."

"Should we check if it's true?"

'What are they talking about?'

I walk to my first period ignoring the gossip. I then see John running towards me out of breath and with a shocked expression on his face.

"Sera! Have you seen the newspaper?!" He says in between breaths.

"N-No. Why?" I ask looking confused.

"Fuck! Here." He says as he hands me a copy of this mornings school paper. I read the title with a horrified expression.

School Ace Powerless?

A/N

Short chapter I know, but I didn't have a lot of time this week and I forgot to type it out beforehand. Next weeks chapter will be much longer to make up for it. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed and have an abso-fucking-lutely fantastic day/night.

-y3s

638 Words Excluding A/N