[For Real Now] 7 - Thinning the Herd (Iron Man 2)

Happy pulled upto the Stark Expo. Natasha stepped up out of the passenger side door and opened the one behind it, letting Pepper out.

Happy: I'll keep the car down here, alright?

Potts: Thank you, Happy.

Pepper and Nat made their way up the steps before Justin Hammer was suddenly shown walking, or dancing (A/N - CRINGELY) onstage to the music playing to applause from the audience.

Jaune: *cringed* Oh, Oum, no. Stop. Please, just stop.

Fearless leader knows how to dance, so seeing the atrocity of movement Hammer was doing was like a crush to his soul.

Ren, who of course choreographed their team dance at the party, was seething as well.

Ruby: *cringed* Make it stop!

Yang: I hope he trips... *mutters* and breaks a leg. ;)

Hammer: Yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

A quick shot of Pepper and Nat amongst the crowd was then seen, the 2 looking at each other, dumbfounded at what they just witnessed.

Hammer: Thanks for coming. Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm's way, but then Iron Man arrived, and we thought the dqys of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right. And it's just too bad.

Potts: *rolls eyes* Oh, Lord.

Qrow: Seriously, I don't get what these people are so happy about. It's not like once the military got them, everyone was getting their own Iron Man suit. This ain't a TV talk show.

The dusty ol' crow was referencing a talk show where the host constantly hid gifts under the seats of the audience, sometimes even entire cars... or at least the keys to the car, which would be waiting for them in the parking lot.

Glynda: MAYBE the un-weaponized veraions, but even then, I highly doubt those would be available to the public. Only the wealthiest possible individuals would be able to afford them.

Nora: *puts arm around Pyrrha* So, Pyrrha. My birthday's coming up...

Well, those Pumpkin Pete royalties went a long way for Invincible Girl, so surely she could get Nora a suit, right?

Pyrrha: Nora, the general was referring to their world, remember. Iron Man suits may not even be a possibility in ours.

Nora: *puts arm down, deflated* Oh...

Hammer: Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed the headlines the world over. Well today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a difficult problem. They are about to run out of ink.

A couple of  people in the crowd awkwardly applauded as 2 people ran onstage and took the podium away.

Hammer: Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new face of the United States military. *points behind him* The Hammer Drone! Army!

A portion of the stage opened up and out appeared Ivan's made drones with the banner "U.S. Army" on it as the audience began clapping.

Jaune: It's still impressive Ivan made that many, assuming he was working on them all on his own.