Ch-10 (Second Chance)

Abhishek went to meet Avneet. He was more understanding than Siddharth. He knows to judge people unlike Siddharth who kills people if they goes against him. 

He knocked the door and found her curled up. It somewhat broke his heart. He never felt like this to any of their prey before. 

Hearing the opening of the door, she glanced at the figure. She straightened up.

Abhi- Are you regretting your decision?
Avu- I don't know. But who are you?

Abhi- You are brave. Still you dont regret?
Avu- I was helping her.

Abhi- Helping someone to find the mafia king?  
Avu- Yes, I knew her. But he locked me here because of a silly reason.

Abhi- What silly reason?
Avu- Why should I tell you? Who are you?

Abhi- I am his elder brother.
Avu- Then please make him understand that I didn't mean to show him attitude, it was a misunderstanding, please tell him to set me free.

Abhi- Mind explaining?
Avneet told him their college incident and he already knew what happened on the way to Starbucks.

Abhi- You are so innocent, he didn't lock you here for that reason.
Avu- Then?

Abhi- I don't think he wants you to know it,
Avu- Whatever it is, please tell me to leave me. I won't reveal anything.

The room was dark so Abhishek didn't notice the sharp end of a chair and he got wounded as he moved in the wrong direction.

Abhi- Ouch.
Avu- What happened?
She quickly switched on her phone's torch and saw he was bleeding. 

Avu- You are wounded! You are so clumsy, like Jai.
She took out her handkerchief and wiped his blood gently wrapping it around his hand. Just then it hit mind that she was helping her enemy and kidnapper's brother.

Avu- S...sorry... 
Abhi- Who is Jai?

Avu- I won't tell you.
Abhi- We can find it out easily Avneet, so better you tell me.

Avu- He is my brother. You reminded me of him.

Abhishek stood up.
Abhi- You are like my sister, so I am telling you, listen to what he says. He doesn't know anything called second chance. He won't think twice to harm you. 
With his words he left. 

Avu- He is so nice, unlike Mr. Kidnapper. But, he reminded me of Jai.....I wonder how that donkey is....he is always annoying but I miss how he irritates me. I miss my family. Do I really regret being a spy? 
_________________________________
Abhishek went to Siddharth.

Abhi- You didn't tell me you proposed Avneet while your college.
Sid- That girl, she might have told you this! She might be beautiful but I don.....

He stopped as Abhishek was passing him a teasing smile. 

Abhi- Chill my little brother, it is me who turned her words upside down. She is innocent. And beautiful too, after all the Siddharth Nigam said it.

Siddharth knew why he was teasing him. He doesn't pay any damn to girls neither notices them. But she actually complemented her. His subconscious mind did notice her beauty.

Abhi- Siddharth, please don't think bad of her. I got a cut and she cared for me. She is not like her.
Sid- Maybe she did it so that you help her get out.

Abhi- I have told you what I had to, what you will think and do is totally upon you. 
______________________________________

Siddharth went to Avneet after the whole day. She didn't get food for the whole day and was locked in the dark suffocating room.

He opened the door and found her sleeping. He went to her curled up figure.

Sid(in mind)- If you weren't too curious, you wouldn't have ended up like this.  But you dared ignoring me. You didn't fall in my charms. Girls die over me and you are showing attitude.

He stirred her as she moved a bit on her sleep.

Sid- Hey you!
She was still sleeping.

He made her sleep pulling her by her hand and she woke up by this.

Sid- The queen is awake!
Avu- What's your problem dude?

He tightened his grip on her hand and she came to the reality.

Sid- Too bold?
Avu-  What do you want from me? 

Sid(in mind)- What do I want from her? Why am her keeping her alive if I want revenge?
He shrugged his thoughts.

Sid- Why were you escaping? Didn't I tell you not to do that? You dared to break the rule Miss Kaur?
Avu- I don't want to stay here. I have apologized and I am still apologizing that I am sorry for showing you attitude according to you, I won't do it ever. 

Sid- You saw my face darling. How can I take a risk to leave you when you tried helping your friend to find the mafia king? What guarantee that you won't reveal me.

Though she was expert in lying but she couldn't prepare any answer on spot. If she gets free from here, she would first report him to her boss.

Sid- What should be your punishment?
Avu- Last chance...

Sid- I never give a second chance. 
Avu- I will do everything you say, please don't kill me. 

Sid(huskily)- I want you to.....                
She gulped as he moved closer. She lowered her gaze.

Sid- Listen to what I say, because you won't get any chances further.
She looked at him with smiling lips and shining eyes.

Avu- Thank You so much....the last words, will you please return my room back to me?
He left leaving her confused.

Avu- He is not that bad, but a headache. How rude! 

After someone few servants came and tied her eyes; and when they were opened, she found herself in the room she was provided before.

Avu- You are a mystery.
_________________________
Abhishek(in mind)- Another news,  The Siddharth Nigam gave a second chance. Wow. Though I don't regret being a mafia, but I do want a normal life. Can she bring my old brother back?