Ch- 40 (Final talk!)

Siddharth held her hand as they sat on the bench. 

Sid- May I know how I became so lucky that someone herself called me for a "date"?
Avu- Uh, we- I 

Seeing her hesitating, he smirked internally. He knew what she was up to as Amandeep did have a talk about their marriage with him. In no long time, both the business men bonded quite well. Siddharth was very fond of the older man as he somewhat gave him the warmth of a father which he lacked since his childhood.

Avu- Argh fine! My dad wants me to get married. 
Siddharth acted shocked and changed his facial expression into a heartbroken one. 

Sid- But... he likes me doesn't he? Why does he wants you to get married to someone else?
Avneet was confused and mentally cursed him for being so naive to not understand what she was telling. 

Sid- Tell me his name, I will kill him.
Avu- Siddh- 

Sid- Or maybe, I will just kidnap you the way I did last time. 
Avu- Lis- 

Sid- I might not be a mafia anymore, but I am still the Siddharth Nigam... I can easily threat them. 
Avu- LISTEN TO ME FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

She took a breathe. 
Avu- You idiot, I was talking about... uh marriage... Dad and Mom likes you, why will they uh...

She was asking him to marry her. This isn't done this way. And why was she even nervous! They are dating already... 

Sid- What are you trying to say?
Avu- I am t-telling that.. 

She wasn't insecure about their love. She knows their love for each other is pure. But, will he agree to marry her?

She closed her eyes. 
Avu- I was asking if uh... IF YOU ARE READY TO BEAR ME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

Sid- I am not getting you... Why do you think I will get tired of you? 
Avu- Siddharth........... I wanna be yo- Fine! I will leave for now, I guess I ain't ready to tell it yet. 

Siddharth mourned. 

Sid- Y-you aren't ready? I thought... I thought you wanted to ask me to marry you, but did you come here to tell me you need some time?

He gazed at the ground. 

Sid- A-alright... take your time. I will wait for you.
He wasn't acting this time. 

Avu- You were messing with me? You understood what I meant!
Sid- Yes... But, aren't we ready already to start our life as partners?

Avneet stared at him and her orbs filled with tears. She smiled and smacked his forehead. 

Avu- Ish, Idiot! What made you think I ain't ready?
Sid- You yourself said you need some time. 

Avu- I meant, I need some time to prepare myself to ask you for our marriage. 
Sid- That means... You are ready?

She nodded and with no time he pulled her into a tight hug. 
Sid- I was so scared... I thought you didn't have enough trust on me to marry me. 

Avu- I trust you more than myself...        
She broke the hug with a frown.

Avu- I was supposed to ask you romantically! That girl ruined it and then you were messing with me and turned it into a cringe marriage proposal! Ugh, I planned it so well. 

Sid- Call me for another date then? When everything will go according to your plan.
Avu- Stop hitting on me Mr.  Nigam. 

Sid- I can Mrs. Nigam!
Avu- Its getting cringe. 

Sid- It is called love!
___________
Amandeep and Sonia were too busy to breathe. Abhishek and Vaishnavi were coming to have a talk about Siddharth and Avneet's marriage. They made sure their home is neat and organized. Vaishnavi has hung out with Avneet, but Siddharth and Abhishek would visit for the first time. 

Avneet was getting ready in her room. She wanted to look perfect even if it wasn't her wedding yet. The loud ringing of the doorbell caught her attention. She stared at her reflection and motivated her not to get nervous. 

She went downstairs to see Vaishnavi hugging Jaijeet while Abhishek and Siddharth taking blessings from Amandeep and Sonia touching their feet. 

She quickly hid in their kitchen.

"What is wrong with you! Why are you acting like the shy actresses of the cringe serials! Come on Avu, you know Siddharth since a long time, Abhishek is like your brother and Vaishnavi is your buddy. Why are you getting nervous then!" she scolded herself. 

No matter how much she explains herself not to be nervous, but he still have the same effect on her. Every time he touches her, or shares some sweet kiss, she feels flustered and goes into a blush mess. 
They are going to get married, and its more like a love marriage, yet she is getting shy as if the marriage is arranged with her long time crush. 

She heard Sonia calling her by her name. She had already prepared the snacks, only tea was to be made. Indian households are incomplete without tea. 
She took a deep breathe and walked towards the living room. 

She peeked and was caught by Vaishnavi. The older girl squealed seeing her and ran towards her. Vaishnavi was loved by Amandeep and Sonia, it was like her second home. 

"You look fabulous!" she said hugging Avneet. 

"What the hell Avu? It isn't your marriage night, why are you so desperate to seduce Siddharth?" she whispered and Avneet widened her eyes.

Avu- But I am just wearing a traditional dress. 
Vai- But you look too beautiful. 

Sonia- Girls! Come here! What are you two doing while my sons are waiting huh?
Jai- These girls and their talks. 

He side eyed Avneet feeling jealous that he want a part of the conversation only to receive a glare from her.

Avneet walked in and came into the sight of Siddharth, whose eyes were too eager to find her. She dared not to look into his hazel orbs because she didn't want to embarrass herself by blushing.

Abhishek smiled.
Abhi- Avneetay! How are you? Nowadays you don't even call me much. 
Avu- Sorry bhaiya. But it is you who is being busy. 

Sonia- Lets have the talk first, so that you kids can enjoy later. 

Avneet sat in between Vaishnavi and Jai. She has seen him from a distance. He was wearing a kurta and was looking too handsome for her to handle. She wanted to see him now, but she didn't want to ruin her so called reputation, especially when Jai was already poking her due to Siddharth's intense gaze making her find it difficult not to blush. 

Aman- I have seen, 13th August is a good day. If you guys don't have any problem, lets finalize it. 
Avneet cleared her throat. 

Avu- D-dad, I was thinking something. 
Abhi- yes Avneetay?

Avu- Why doesn't Abhishek Bhaiya and Vaishnavi di get married along with us? 
There was a moment of silence until Jai laughed out. 

Jai- Oh god, look at your faces. Vaishnavi di is being a tomato. 
Vai- I wonder Jai, why you suddenly have a death wish. 

Jai- You must have misunderstood. 
He let out a nervous laughter. 

Vai- For sure.
She rolled her eyes to hide her red face.

Aman- It is a good idea. If Abhishek and Vaishnavi are okay with it, I agree then. 
Abhi- I had thought about it too. Vaishnavi, do you have something to say? Are you okay with the decision? 

Vai- I am..
She said with a shy smile. 

Aman- Do you guys want to talk in private?
Vai- I am okay with it. I would be happy to be his partner. 

Abhi- If she is okay, I am okay too. 
Jaijeet yawned. 

Jai- When jiju and chudail (witch) {Avneet} are fine, Abhishek bhaiya and Vaishnavi di are fine, just stop with this okay okay drama. Lets finalize the date. 

Sonia- We have almost about a month in hand. What do you say?

Abhi- We are no one to take any decision above you when you have already chosen it. Lets finalize 13th August then. 

Jai- Yayy! Finally I will get some free tasty food. 
Avu- Why are you behaving like a stupid, don't you eat plenty of food for free everyday? 

Jai- Am I talking to you?
Avu- When you are sitting in a group and you comment something, isn't it pretty obvious that absolute anyone can comment on your thought?

Jai- Befo-
Sonia- SHUT YOUR MOUTHS UP!

Jai and Avneet glared at each other. Siddharth chuckled. He loves his Avneet. He really loves it when she fights with Jai, when Jai embarrasses her out of no where and especially when she is bossy. 

Avu- I will make some tea for you then. 
Vai- I will help you.
______

Having a good family time, they almost forgot about the time. When the clock screamed ten o'clock, they glanced at the clock. Sonia offered them to have dinner with them, but Abhishek politely refused excusing they have food prepared at home. He wants to have a dinner date with Vaishnavi and ask her properly about the marriage.      

Sonia sensed something like that and she didn't force them to eat. They took a leave. Avneet's eyes traveled for Siddharth but he was no where seen. Maybe he walked out to start the car when they were busy talking. 
She felt a little bad... 
It was her fault though. It was she who didn't meet his eyes, and if her who had not cooperated when he tried to sit closer to her. 
But... 
She sighed. 

Maybe she should apologize. She helped Sonia set the dinner and had it with a little hollow space in her heart. She dressed up so beautifully for him, but he didn't get the chance to complement her. 
She wished a good night to her parents, and had a short argument with Jai which was a part of their bed time and went in her room. 

She stretched her arms and yawned and locked the door.
She switched on the light. 

"YOU!"