Ch-42 (The knot of trust and love)

"Avu! Wake up for god's sake!" Jai said. 
"Please Jai, let me sleep," Avneet said while tucking the blanket closer to her. "The last night  barely slept because you, Reem, and Krupa!"

"IT'S YOUR MARRIAGE TODAY!" Jaijeet yelled.

"DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE DARK CIRCLES OR WHAT!" Avneet yelled back. 

It was finally the day she has been waiting for.... her marriage was taking place on the auspicious evening. She was getting married to the love of her life.
Siddharth... a boy she never thought would marry. 

"The makeup artist will hide them," Jai yawned. 
The previous night, they had long conversations, for those were the last hours when Avneet was unmarried. 

"Jai, please don't irritate me!" Avneet said with a frown.

"You slept for atleast six hours!" Jai said.

"Go from here, will you?" Avneet squint her eyes due to Jai's unwanted words.

"Alright, I am sending your embarrassing pictures to Jiju," Jai smirked knowing Avneet would wake up this time.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!" She said while sitting up.
Jai laughed and snatched the blanket.

"Mom is calling you downstairs!" he said and left. 

"What a great brother I have got!" Avneet rolled her eyes as she yawned.

Throughout the day, they had various rituals. Avneet was hungry  but it's a part of the ritual that she cannot eat anything. Vaishnavi was repeated the same for she was also the bride.

When the rituals were finally over, the sun had almost set and the makeup artist was on his way. 

"Are you excited Vaishu di?" Avneet asked. 
"I am nervous as well," Vaishnavi replied. "What about you?"

"I just want to sleep!" she answered with a big yawn.
"Don't get physical and sleep in your wedding night," Vaishnavi said while teasing her. 

"As I have said that Abhishek bhaiya is far more romantic, so I should be saying you this," Avneet smirked. "I really want a peaceful sleep, make sure I don't hear your moans."

"The rooms are soundproof," Vaishnavi said and immediately realized her words. 
"I mean..." she tried to explain.

"You mean that while staying with dada, you have become a shameless  pervert as well," Avneet sighed but with sarcasm dripping through her breathe. 

"Yah! I am elder!" Vaishnavi rolled her eyes playfully. 
"Who cares?" Avneet giggled. 

"But I will bring that point when Siddharth easily recognized your hand during the Mehendi, and kissed your palm," Vaishnavi said smirking.

Avneet couldn't help but blush when the flashbacks of the moment hit her. Yes, Siddharth did kiss her palms in front of the whole family getting the typical 'aunties' a hot topic of discussion.
But he cared less. 
All he saw was her eyes, her brows, her cheeks,her nose, her lips, her chin, her ears, the strands of hair falling upon her face and the moles...

Her chain of thoughts were broken when Vaishnavi coughed to grab her attention.
"Don't smirk di! I have thousands of way to make you blush," Avneet glared.

"Well, no one can make me blush more than Abhishek does," Vaishnavi said.

As the girls were busy teasing each other, they were called for the wedding. Both the groom have already come. 

"I just regret one thing," Vaishnavi said. 
 "What is it?" Avneet asked. 

"If I had married before you, then I could have been teasing you today!" Vaishnavi said with a chuckle.