28. Disaster Dinner Date with Dahyun

After the two concerts Twice had in Seoul, you wanted to spend as much time with Dahyun as you could before they started the international travel for the world tour. You loved seeing her in concert and seeing how happy she was, but there was still some little part of you that didn't want to see her leave again for so long. You barely made it through the fourth world tour as it was. As you sat in your apartment thinking about all the things you wanted to do with Dahyun before she left, your phone started to ring. You looked at the caller ID and smiled. 다현 공주 (Princess Dahyun)

"누구세요? (Who is this?") You asked, putting the phone on speaker so you could continue the list you were making. The line went silent for a second before you heard a long sigh. You hid your laugh the best you could, knowing that Dahyun truly loved you by the way she put up with your dumb jokes.

"Ya! You know who I am. I'm your cute girlfriend. Kim Dahyun." Dahyun laughed and whined when she realized that you were keeping up with your joke. "Y/n 오빠 (oppa) I'm being serious. I called because I want you to come over. I miss you!"

That's all it took and you had already bolted off the couch. You tossed the now forgotten notebook onto the coffee table and went into your room. "What do I need to wear? Are we watching a movie? Cuddles? Do you want me to make dinner again?"

Dahyun just rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Nope. I want you in your fanciest clothes and I'm making dinner. You have an hour and you have to be here at 7:00 pm sharp." With that you heard the phone beep and Dahyun was gone.

"H-hello? Did she just hang up on me?" You pulled the phone away from your ear and looked at it in disbelief for a moment before you looked at the time. You only had a half hour to get ready and it was going to take at least 15 minutes to get to Dahyun's place. You got ready faster than you ever had in your life. By the time you had finished putting your suit on you were out of breath. You checked your watch and gave yourself a high-five. You had an extra five minutes to grab flowers for Dahyun before you made your way over.

Since most of the girls lived close by, Dahyun's apartment was a quick walk from yours. Oddly enough, a flower shop was smack in the middle of your path to her place. It was owned by a sweet grandmother who had owned and worked at the shop for the past 20 years. You had gotten to know her well since you started dating Dahyun three years ago. "Hi, 할머니." You smiled and bowed as you walked in, scanning the choice of flowers the shop owner had today.

"Hello, Y/n. You look very handsome tonight. Are you going on a date with Miss Dahyun?" She smiled and slowly walked over towards you, looking at the flowers as well. You waited to answer as she picked a few out for you. "I think these will be perfect for her."

"Ah, thank you. She's making dinner for me and other than formal clothes and a specific time, I don't know much else." You laughed nervously as you paid for the flowers. Even though you had dinner with Dahyun at least once a week, doing something as serious and formal as this never failed to make you a little nervous. It was like you were going on your first date with her all over again.

The old shop owner just nodded her head and smiled, handing you an extra flower. "This one will bring you good luck. Enjoy being young and in love. It passes by before you know it. Have a good night, y/n." She gently patted you on the shoulder as you thanked her again, feeling a little better about tonight.

With each step closer to her apartment, your smile grew bigger. You had just seen Dahyun a few days ago, but it felt like years. Even a few hours apart from the girl were hard at times. You happily jogged into the building, opting to take the steps to get your nervous energy out. Seven flights of stairs later you were regretting your decision. You barely rang the doorbell before you were hunched over trying to catch your breath. You waited a minute before ringing the doorbell again, confused as to what was taking her so long to answer the door.