51. Fallin' For You (Dahmo)

Two velvety light pink armchairs were separated by a round coffee table. Two glasses of water sat on two coasters on the table. A few plants stood in the background and the lighting was adjusted accordingly. It wasn't any different from any other interview set that Dahyun or Momo had seen but it felt different.

Now in their mid-thirties - and fresh from Twice saying their final goodbyes just two years before - it felt like everything was new. The feeling of having a constant of only themselves or a few other members in interviews or for shoots was new. The knowledge that they'd never shoot another music video or mini album as nine again was new.

Dahyun stood behind one of the large video cameras, staring at the velvet arm chairs. Someone was pinning her mic to her shirt. Another person was touching up her makeup. Another was making sure her blouse was buttoned all the way.

She felt nervous.

Sure Dahyun had done about a million interviews in her lifetime, but this one was different. This one had a topic she had never talked about in front of the cameras. This one was new.

This one was about Momo. With Momo.

Dahyun looked to her left, her nerves only slightly calmed as she watched Momo's tongue peek out between her lips in concentration. The Japanese girl was trying to adjust the lighting on a photo to post on her Instagram.

Dahyun thought she was the cutest thing in the world.

It had been almost twelve years since they officially started dating. They were still kids back then, having to hide their love from the public eye and any naysayers.

It had been almost exactly one year since they got married. Their wedding anniversary was in just a few days.

The weight of her wedding band was still such a new feeling to Dahyun but she was more than welcome to the feel of it. The way it shined in the morning light whenever she'd wake up next to Momo. Her wife.

//

"Are you ready, Dahyun?"

Snapped out of her thoughts, Dahyun nodded and flashed her manager a small smile before walking onto the interview set. She settled down beside Momo in one of the velvet chairs, the material soft against her skin. She adjusted her blouse and crossed her legs, shooting Momo a small glance.

Momo noticed this and momentarily reached for Dahyun's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before she let her hands fall in her lap again.

Off camera, the interviewer sat on a tall stool, the script in her hands. She nodded to the director and the red light turned on, signaling that the interview was under way.

Like any of the thousands of interviews they had done before, Dahyun and Momo introduced themselves. It still felt weird just saying their own names without Twice mentioned somehow in their greetings, but it was slowly becoming more normal.

"Thank you both for coming to the studio today. We're glad you could make it and we're excited to ask you a few questions." The interviewer flipped the first page of the script and cleared her throat as the two patiently waited.

"So as the show suggests, I'm going to ask you questions about your 'firsts'. You can answer in whatever order you like and you also don't have to both answer the question if you don't want to. All you have to do is raise your hand to answer the question."

Momo and Dahyun both nodded and smiled, quickly understanding. In preparation the night before, they had both watched a few episodes of the show, enamored by how sweet some of the questions were.

"Who approached who first?"

Dahyun let out a small chuckle and raised her hand. She had answered this question a million times before and her answer stayed the same, but she loved giving it.