41. Our Little Family (Sahyo)

"Do you think there's something missing?" It was an unusually quiet morning in the Park and Minatozaki household. Sana had been washing dishes after their breakfast and Jihyo was finishing getting dressed. She had just walked into the kitchen, wrapping her arms around Sana's waist when her wife popped the question. Jihyo rested her chin on Sana's shoulder and shrugged at the sudden question, not sure as to what she was asking about.

   "Are you talking about our marriage or Twice? Because I thought you were madly in love with both." Jihyo teased the older girl and gave her a kiss on the cheek before pulling away, leaning on the counter beside Sana as she finished washing the last bowl.

   Sana playfully rolled her eyes and was quiet for a moment, letting the running water and gentle squeak of the sponge fill the comfortable silence. She set the bowl on the drying rack and wiped her hands on a towel hanging under the sink before she turned to Jihyo, her arms awkwardly hanging by her sides. "I mean... us. As a family."

Now Jihyo was extra confused. She tilted her head, scooting a little closer to her wife. "I'm not sure I'm understanding baby." She took one of Sana's hands in her own, picking up on the slight nervousness on her face.

Sana squeezed Jihyo's hand, shifting from side to side to try and come up with a not so forward answer. Seeing that she was just going to be straightforward with it, she blurted out her next question as confidently as she could. "Do you want to have a kid with me?"

Jihyo's breath caught in her throat as she hesitantly nodded her head, the only sound leaving her being, "Uuuuh..." Sure she and Sana had talked about the possibility of adopting a kid (maybe even kids), but she didn't think that would happen for a few more years. They were both more than busy with their schedules individually and being members of Twice just added to that.

Sana could see that the question was a little sudden so she tried her best to salvage the morning. "I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have brought it up. We can just talk about it later." Sana shook her head, putting on her best smile for her wife. She turned to head out for the day's schedule but Jihyo kept a firm hold on her hand.

"No. No it's okay. I'm sorry. I just needed a second to really process what you were asking." Jihyo pulled Sana closer to her, leaning up to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I love you so much. You know that and I do want to have a kid with you eventually, but do you really think we'd be able to manage everything well enough as well as giving another mini person enough love and attention?"

Sana sighed and tucked a stray strand of hair behind Jihyo's ear and shrugged her shoulders. "I think we could. I just feel like we have so much love and time to give to something or someone else. I've been thinking about it a lot recently and every time I see a family or we have interactions with a fan's kid, I get jealous. I to make our little family of just us a little bit bigger."

//

Heavy breathing and various groans could be heard from one of the practice rooms in the JYP building. Jihyo had just called for a 10 minute break since they had been practicing non-stop for the past two hours. Twice's next comeback was fast approaching and, as usual, they had to cram in extra hours for practice. That and Jihyo couldn't get Sana's question out of her head.

"Hey Earth to Jihyo." Jeongyeon laughed and waved a hand in front of the leader's face, noticing she had been spaced out for most of their practice for the day. "You thinking about something important up there?" She gently knocked on Jihyo's head, earning a smack on the arm from the shorter girl.

Jihyo rolled her eyes and stood up, grabbing her water bottle. "You're a pain in the ass sometimes." Jeongyeon held her hand over her heart and pouted in feigned hurt.