19. Yet Another Twice Groupchat (2)

The sun was bright and your room was a little warmer than you usually liked. Rolling over, you turned your phone over and checked the time. It was already 10:00am but it felt a lot earlier. You sat up and yawned, scrolling through your notifications. You texted Nayeon last night but didn't realize you'd fallen asleep shortly after that. Before getting out of bed you decided to read the groupchat.

sana🍌: did the manager say what time we needed to be at the practice room tomorrow to go over the new song choreo?
jihyo💸: hey be careful with what you're saying there, sana. y/n is still in this chat you know 🤨
chaengie🐯: yeah the manager and JYP would kill us if anyone knew anything
sana🍌: guys y/n hasn't been active in the chat for quite a bit. i'm sure they're asleep already. besides i won't spoil anything like mina does lol
tzuyu😇: damn callout 🥸
jeongyeon🔥: wow sana's really not holding back tonight
mina💃🏻: hey you can't blame me for anything! i did tell you guys but at least you know! and i know all of you want to go see the set
momo❤️: yeah she's not wrong
dubu🦅: i bet she's got a million costume changes for it lol
jihyo💸: lmao why do you think that dahyun
tzuyu😇: dahyun's right. you know that nayeon likes to be extra in all the mvs
jeongyeon🔥: ya when did tzuyu become so bold 😂
momo❤️: nah i agree with tzuyu. but we all kinda like to be extra with the mvs.

   You laughed to yourself as you scrolled further through the groupchat, rolling your eyes at the dad jokes and memes that were sent. Eventually, you got out of bed and decided to get ready for the day. You took a long hot shower and made some porridge for breakfast. As you ate, you received a a few texts from Nayeon around 11:00am

nayeon🐰💖: good morning baby! i'm so sorry i'm texting you late. i fell asleep really early last night and i've been busy with the other girls practicing the new choreo. i'm sure you're still asleep though since you were up so late. thank you for all the sweet texts you left me! they were lovely to wake up to and i love you so so much 💞
nayeon🐰💖: i hope i get to see you this week and i'm glad you're done with exams! i miss you!! 😖💙

   You sent her a simple reply back, wanting to wait to surprise her on set tomorrow. Since finals were over, you didn't have a ton to do other than research. You thought about getting a part time job, but since you went into the research lab every other day, there wouldn't be too many people wanting someone who worked two or three days a week only.

   Finishing breakfast, you decided to work on some independent work while you waited for some of the girls to be done at practice. You made plans with Chaeyoung and Jihyo to grab dinner after they visited Nayeon.

   You worked for a while, taking breaks to watch Twice's music videos in between. Even though you had seen them a million times you still loved watching them. They gave you so much energy to keep working. Finally, you finished what you had to do and got ready for dinner with Chaeyoung and Jihyo.

   The restaurant you picked was big but it felt cozy since so many people were there. According to Jihyo, they were known for their 떡볶이 (tteokbokki) so you were excited. You got there first and looked through the menu while you waited. Since moving to Korea at the end of last year, you had already learned so much. If anyone would have told you that you'd be living in South Korea now, you would have looked at them like they were crazy.

   "Ya! Y/n is already here. I told you we should have driven, Jihyo!" Chaeyoung playfully punched the older member in the arm as they sat down. You laughed at their interaction and shook your head.

   "It's fine. I've only been here a few minutes. I went ahead and ordered some soju for the table." You smiled and waited for them to look over the menu before you all ordered dinner. "How's Nayeon doing? You and Chaeyoung visited her today, right?" You took a shot of soju and poured some for the two sitting across from you.

   Jihyo thanked you and nodded. "Yep. She's doing well. She looks tired but the set looks really good. She talked about you a lot while we were there." Jihyo laughed lightly as you blushed and Chaeyoung just smirked at you.

   "She sure does love you, y/n. I know she'll love when you visit." Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows at you and continued to pour more soju.

   The food arrived quickly and everything smelled good. Immediately, the table went quiet and all that could be heard was you all eating. Wanting to break the silence though, you asked them a question. "Is everyone still visiting her all the three days left she has to shoot or is there a day where I can visit her alone?"

   "Ah so you want to go solo, huh?" Chaeyoung laughed and you just rolled your eyes, taking another bite of your food. "It's okay. I understand. Sana was going to go with Momo on Nayeon's last day of filming but she got COVID. Now Momo's going to go with Tzuyu and Mina tomorrow. Jeongyeon's going with me again the third day." She explained all of this between bites of food, happy that she was having dinner with her friend and group member.

   You nodded and thought for a moment before responding. "Okay. I guess I'll see her on her last day of shooting then." You smiled and the two girls agreed with you. When dinner was over, you sat and chatted for a while, laughing and smiling at all the pictures they got of Nayeon when she was filming. You'd never get tired of looking at pictures of her.

   Even though you had to wait longer to see her, you were excited that you got to see her on her last day of filming.