26. The Final Goodbye

⚠️VERY BIG PRE-STORY A/N THAT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT⚠️

Twice is in no way disbanding, separating, or drifting apart. I was just in my feels a bit and had to get it out of my brain somehow. Writing is one of the many outlets I use if I'm in a bad mood. This one-shot is written with the POV of Twice in the 2035 when they've all got families etc. to focus on and are doing their final live performance as a group. I don't think (and I really hope not) that this final performance will be for a very long time and will 100% continue to support Twice until that day eventually comes. For now though, please support these amazing girls as they're on their 5th world tour!!!

   The green room was quiet. The usual happy voices and chaos from the nine girls couldn't be heard. The only people that spoke were the managers and producers, and even they knew to keep their voices to a whisper. Everyone knew what this night meant, but it hadn't truly sunken in until now. Time was going faster and faster as their final performance as Twice came closer and closer. Jihyo kept looking up at the clock on the wall, wishing that she could freeze time. The dream that she had chased for so long as a child had finally come true. How was it that it was all about to be over? Yes, it had been 20 years to the day that they had first joined as a group, but those 20 years went by in the blink of an eye.

   "2015, October 20th." These were the first words that any of the girls had said in the past half hour. Everyone turned to see who it was and saw Tzuyu staring at the ceiling, tears pooling in her eyes. She kept whispering the date to herself, trying to find some comfort in it. Eventually, she stopped and took a deep breath, closing her eyes. Everything was coming back to her. Every moment they spent together as a group was replaying in her head and she couldn't help the tear that ran down her face. Not having the energy to wipe it away, she let it sit there for a moment.

   Jeongyeon sighed and got up out of her seat. She picked up the box of tissues that was sitting on the coffee table in front of Tzuyu and pulled one out. She sat down by the youngest member and wiped the tear away, laying the tissue on the table. "아이고 (oh my). Our youngest can't be crying already." Jeongyeon let out a sad laugh as she said this and leaned her head against the other girl's shoulder. "We haven't even gone out on stage yet and Tzuyu's already breaking. I guess the rest of us have no chance, then, huh?" Tzuyu could only give a small smile in return to Jeongyeon but that was all the older girl needed to know that she was okay for now.

   Another hour passed and the girls ate in silence, got ready in silence, and even did their mic checks much quieter than usual. It was 10 minutes until they had to go on stage and Dahyun had had enough. She knew that they had been dreading this day for months now, but she wasn't going to let them make the night even harder for themselves or for Once. "Ya!" The silence was broken as she yelled, getting every person in the room to look at her. "What the hell are we doing? We're acting like we're dying." She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, composing herself before the continued. "We're not though. We're about to perform our very last concert for Once as Twice, and right now... we're not acting like Twice. Sure, we may be two times older than when we all came together, but that doesn't matter. We have so many memories over these past 20 years and this is how we want to celebrate and remember them? You really want to be in some kind of sad silence all throughout this entire night? We should be happy that we had the opportunity to do this and make this our jobs!"

   The room was even quieter now. Everyone was taking in what Dahyun had just said and it felt like a slap to the face for the other 8 members. Why were they acting like they were going to a funeral? This was something that they knew was going to happen eventually, and being sad wasn't going to make them feel any better.