31. Beach Day with Jeongyeon

The car was almost completely packed, you had your bathing suit on under your shorts and t-shirt, your sunglasses and hat on, and you were ready for the beach. Where was Jeongyeon, though? Almost 5 minutes had gone by and you hadn't seen your girlfriend come out of the apartment building. It was 5 minutes ago that she said she was grabbing the cooler that you had forgotten. You checked the time on your phone and sighed, wondering what was taking her so long.

You waited 3 more minutes before you closed out Instagram and called Jeongyeon. The phone rang a few times before you heard her on the other end of the line. "Hey where are you? It's almost been 10 minutes and the cooler should have just been in the dining room by the fridge." Jeongyeon groaned and you could hear her shuffling things around.

"I'm sorry baby. I got the cooler immediately but I wanted to grab my water bottle and fill it up but I spilled it on myself. I couldn't find another cute shirt to wear until just now so I've been going through the closet. I'll be down in a minute though. I promise!" Jeongyeon spoke quickly as you heard her locking the door to your apartment before she hung up.

You smiled and shook your head, starting the car. You turned some music on and got out once you saw Jeongyeon walk out of the building. You helped her pack the cooler in the trunk and opened the passenger door for her. "I see you finally found a shirt in the ocean of clothes that you own." You laughed lightly and backed out of your spot, heading down the road.

Jeongyeon just rolled her eyes and put her sunglasses on, leaning back in the car seat. "You're mean and yes I did find a shirt I wanted to wear. It was in the very back of the closet behind one of your button ups for some reason." Jeongyeon glanced over to you as you put one of your hands up in defense, shrugging your shoulders.

The drive to the beach took an hour but it went by quickly. Jeongyeon was in charge of the music for most of the ride so the mood of the songs changed frequently. One second she was playing a ballad and the next was hip hop. By the time you cuaght your first glimpse of the crystal clear water, she was making you guess which Twice song was playing within the first few seconds of the song.

"How is that not Baby Blue Love? It sounds just like it." You gave Jeongyeon a questioning look as she played the first few seconds of the song again. "You've got to be messing with me! It has to be Baby Blue Love." You glanced over to her again but frowned when she shook her head.

"I know you love Baby Blue Love, but I thought you'd know the intro when you heard it." Jeongyeon shook her head in disapproval and played more of the song. She laughed as the longer the song played, the sooner you realized what it actually was.

"That was Moonlight?!" You shouted and threw your hands up. You had listened to Moonlight on repeat when it came out and you didn't remember it starting that way. As the song played out, you were still a bit skeptical if it actually was Moonlight. You glanced down at your phone and caught the name, sighing in defeat when you saw that it was indeed Moonlight.

You pulled into the almost empty parking lot and turned the car off, getting out to unload the things you brought. Jeongyeon took a few pictures as you loaded as many things as you could in your hands. She knew that you didn't like making more than one trip if you could help it. In your hands were a tote bag, a large towel, an umbrella, and you two beach chairs thrown over your shoulders. As you clumsily made your way down the beach, you barely made it to the spot that Jeongyeon picked before the towel and umbrella fell out of your hands.

"You're like my Superman when you carry all of our things, Y/N." Jeongyeon smiled and gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before she started to set up your area. You smiled and blushed, taking a moment to admire her before you helped her set up.