49. Light (Sana)

|| Concept based off of the "Yes, I am Sana" behind the scenes shoot when she was playing with the dog on the beach! Also, anything that is in bold means that it was said in sign language and not verbally spoken! ||
__________________________________

Even though you had told Sana at least a hundred times you were okay going to the beach in the middle of fall and you had been making these small afternoon trips for years, she still had her doubts. She was standing by the door, Miso's leash in her hand as she adjusted her hat in the mirror. You shut the door to your bedroom and leaned against the wall in the hallway, admiring the cute scene in front of you.

No matter where Sana was going, she always managed to look absolutely stunning. Her outfits always matched and most of the time, she managed to match at least one article of clothing with Miso. This time, her hat was a light caramel color, much like Miso's fur.

It had already been four years since you started dating and ever since then, every day had been the best day. You met Sana at a party one of your friends had hosted in the summer, celebrating her graduation from her master's program. You spotted her through the crowd, a beaming smile across her face. From the second you saw her, you couldn't take your eyes off of her...

//

"Hey Momo who's that girl over there?" You nudged the host of the party, one of your closest friends since you were in middle school. Momo turned around, raising a questioning eyebrow to look at you.

"Y/N there's at least 15 people in my kitchen right now. You're going to have to be a bit more specific."

You rolled your eyes and pointed to the shorter girl with dark brown hair who was currently wrapped up in a conversation with one of Momo's coworkers.

"The girl with the brown hair?" Momo squinted to see who you were talking about despite having near perfect vision. You chuckled and shook your head, knowing she was taking her time just to annoy you.

"No the guy with the red shirt. Yes! The girl with the dark brown hair. What's her name?" You draped your arm around Momo's shoulder and leaned against her, eyes still focused on the beautiful brunette.

"Oh you should have said!" Momo laughed and shrugged your arm off, poking you playfully in the side. "That's Minatozaki Sana. She's one of the new assisting professors in the marine biology department."

You nodded, impressed by her position at Momo's university and her seemingly flawless side profile. Momo eyed you carefully and spun you around to face her, a suspicious look on her face.

"Why do you want to know? You got a crush or something?" You tried to hide the glaringly obvious, but the blush creeping up your neck and quickly into your cheeks gave it away. "Oh you totally have a crush on her! Damn you're a sucker. You haven't even talked to the girl and you're about as red as a tomato. I can introduce you two if you'd like."

Before you had any time to protest, Momo was already calling Sana over, waving her hands to draw even more attention to herself and you, the human tomato. Your attempts were futile as you tried to push Momo's arms down, not wanting to attract even more people's attention to your growing embarrassment.

Sana noticed Momo and excused herself from her conversation, side-stepping through the small groups surrounding the kitchen island. She slowly made her way toward you two and you felt your heart rate drastically increase. Soon enough, you were a few feet away from one of the most beautiful people you had seen in your life.

"What's up, Moguri?" Just from speaking three words, you could tell that Sana was one of the happiest people on the planet. Her smile never faltered even through her brief and teasing conversation with Momo. You hadn't bothered introducing yourself yet, content on watching the two interact and knowing that if you did try to say anything, it wouldn't be coherent enough to understand in the slightest.