33. The Strongest Maknae (1)

As expected, the first concert in Seoul of their fifth world tour was a success and the girls decided to celebrate by going out for drinks. They stayed out a little later than they should have but this wasn't anything unusual. It had been tradition for the past few tours they did to stay up late the first night to celebrate for good luck for the rest of the tour. When Tzuyu got back to her apartment, she felt a little bit worse than she usually did when she finished drinking. She ultimately decided it was just due to the fact that she was extra tired and went to bed, wanting to get the few hours of sleep in that she could before she had to be up again.

Tzuyu knew that she woke up earlier than the other members like she usually did, but when she rolled over to check her phone, she felt a sharp pain. She clutched her side and a hiss escaped her lips. Slowly, she tried to sit up, the pain only getting worse. She waited for a few minutes before crawling out of bed and into the bathroom. She took a few paint pills, wincing every time the sharp pain hit her. She thought it was just from drinking though so she slowly made her way into the kitchen, getting a glass of water and a half finished sandwich from the night before.

She puts the sandwich into the microwave for a few seconds, immediately getting lightheaded and nauseous when she pulls it out of the microwave. She grimaces as she looks down at the now unappetizing food, pushing it into the trash. Well, I guess I'm not eating breakfast. She thought this to herself as she dragged herself back to the bathroom to get ready for the busy day.

Eventually, the pain medicine kicks in and she feels a little bit better. She still feels nauseous and almost every smell that hits her makes her feel worse, but at least the sharp pain is less. When Tzuyu arrived at the stadium, Jihyo could immediately tell that something was off. Tzuyu looked paler than usual and she could tell that she hadn't eaten anything yet due to the way she was holding her stomach when she walked in. Tzuyu took a seat by Chaeyoung and rested her head on the blonde girl's shoulder, closing her eyes for a second. This felt like the only thing that made everything stop spinning.

"Hey Tzu are you okay?" Jihyo knelt down in front of the youngest member and comfortingly put a hand on her knee, drawing small circles on it with her thumb in an effort to make her feel a little better. Tzuyu just silently nodded and took a deep breath.

"I am. I think I'm just a little tired from last night. I'm okay though to practice." Tzuyu said this with a weak smile and barely opened her eyes. She slowly stood up and followed Jeongyeon who was headed and grumbling about some microphone issue.

The last dress rehearsal they did and the mic checks felt like they lasted an eternity and Tzuyu only felt worse as time went on. She took a few more pain pills which helped the sharp pain but nothing was helping how nauseous she felt. Whenever they had a break she went down to get nausea medication but it only helped for a little bit so she could eat a few plain crackers and unseasoned ramen. The girls looked at her like she was insane, but Jihyo shot them a knowing look before they could say anything about it.

A few hours before the concert, the girls had a little bit of time to relax. Tzuyu took this time to sleep and try to recover from whatever stomach bug she may have had. Through her on and off sleep though, she only got about an hour in before she woke up in a cold sweat. Sana rushed over to her and felt her forehead, frowning when she felt it burning. She called Mina over to get a cold towel for her and held it against her head for a little bit. "I promise I'm okay, 언니 (eonnie)." Tzuyu gave Sana a weak smile and patted her free hand before drifting off to sleep for another half hour.

When Tzuyu was gently awoken again to get ready for the show, the pain was back and it was even worse. Even breathing was hard, but she knew she had to make it. It was only the second concert of the tour and she couldn't be getting sick now. She and the other members had been looking forward to this for over a year. She gritted her teeth through the pain and sat up, almost immediately throwing up from how painful it felt in her lower abdomen. She ran towards a trash can, throwing up whatever bland food she had eaten a few hours earlier. As she lifted her head up, she blushed when she realized that all of the members and a few managers were watching her in concern.