C18

Fuck me, this stinks!

I was repeatedly cursing in my head at this point. Avery placed me on removing the Stalker's head. Completely oblivious as to why until she began giggling like some prankster. I was now gagging and trying to cut the rest of the way through the neck. Aside from the difficulty of cutting the things head off with a knife, when I cut open the throat, the smell of its stomach and other various stench's bled out profusely. It was only for me, though, because I was right on top of it. Apparently, the smell dispersed before it reached Avery or the other two workers with us. I was thankful that at least there wasn't much blood. From how Avery described it, the monsters are bled en route and placed on top of drains to further help the draining process. However-

Fuck! Bleh!

I was beginning to feel queasy, not thinking clearly, I moved to push the head further so I could finish quickly and just watch from the side. There should have been a fair amount left to cut, but when I kicked forward at the stalker's jaws, the neck suddenly snapped back, and the head smacked into the counter, to which the laughing stopped.

Fuck did I break the counter!?

Avery walked up to me, and I found myself struggling not to cower. She was looking at me with a straight face. Lowering her body, she looked at the neck a bit closer before looking back at me.

"Uhm, d-did I do something wrong?"

Did I cut it wrong!? Did I break the counter!? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!

"Kiki."

Avery looked at me then smirked.

"Y-yes?"

I was stammering.

"How long have you been hiding that strength?"

What?

"Haaaahhh, I can't wait to see her!"

Hatsumi groaned, a heavy tone of boredom in her voice.

"You'll see the little gremlin soon enough. We've only got maybe another half hour of walking to go before we're home."

Callum had commented, prompting Hatsumi to look at him and puff her cheek some in annoyance.

"Throwing stones?"

Stanis caught up alongside the two, responding to Callum's tease.

"Maybe I am, maybe not, big brother. Would you rather me be a stick?"

Callum asked, smirking casually to the older man that now walked alongside himself and the beast-kin. Stanis brushed aside his younger brother's jests and looked to Hatsumi.

"Hatsumi, I wanted to say...I'm sorry."

"Hmmm?"

Hatsumi hummed.

"For how we acted when you told us, y'know."

Stanis was struggling to find words he felt were proper for the conversation.

"How we greeted her, it's been a week, and we still haven't made good on our promises to try over."

"Ah."

Hatsumi looked forward as they walked, avoiding eye contact with Stanis.

"You are right about that big brother. I probably have a higher place in that girl's opinion than either of you."

Callum prodded once more, looking out the corner of his vision at his brother.

"You and Chessa do need to try and take this a little more seriously."