C29

"Hold up, let go of my hand or slow down!" 

I found myself yelling to Beryl; we'd 'run' nearly ten meters before I got her to lower her pace. While it would not have normally been a struggle to keep up, at the moment, I was currently trying to run and avoid being side-swept by this girl's six or seven-meter tail. 

"Ah, sorry, I forgot myself."

Beryl began to slow down, allowing me to catch my footing before she leveled out at what was similar to a walking pace as I got her to let go of my hand. 

"I'm not really used to 'running' with anyone other than Vaughn, or my old friends."

Beryl said, twisting her upper body around to face me as she slithered. 

"I was a bit overly excited at the prospect of us spending some time together."

"It's cool, it's just difficult with you holding onto me like that."

I was now rubbing my hand, which was slightly sore from the jostling it just received. 

"On that note, how fast can you really go? That was almost too fast for me as well."

"Oh, Mother Cressida tends to be the one that play's with me. It mostly is just playing chase, though. Since I have to outrun an adult, I built up speed rather quickly."

Beryl exclaimed, before looking up to ponder for a moment. 

"Hey, Kiyomi?"

"Hm?"

"Earlier, when you said you've never had friends before... Was that for real? Or are you just yanking my chain?" 

Beryl asked.

"No, not really... I figure I should probably tell you, I have amnesia. I can't really remember a thing past a year ago. I have some dreams every now and then, but that's about it."

I said, lying partially. 

"Everything I know, it's all thanks to my Mama, the Guild Master, and a few others."

I counted off, using my fingers. 

"Oh, wow... hmmm... What all did they teach you?"

"Hmmm, history, adventurer stuff, some ecology stuff, and just some stuff about the world."

"They didn't teach anything else?"

"No?"