C48 Paper plans and Building Blocks 7 pt1

"Sophie, do you think you could begin dinner? I'm about to make my rounds through the temporary housing."

"I can handle it. Could you bring me the cutlery from outside? It should be drying on the bench next to the wagon."

Cressida and Sophia were both going about their routine, finding themselves carrying on in a lax manner compared to their old routine. Over the course of the last month, their daughter had been primarily training with their family friend, Hatsumi, and her daughter Kiyomi.

"Let's see, 'bench next to the wagon."

Cressida muttered to herself, slithering out of the entrance of the dining tent she and her wife had been resting in. Moving along the wagon placed along the side, the bench came into view from around the corner.

"Hmmm, ah- there you are."

Looking over the table, placed at the far corner, was a set of five knives specially made for cooking, laid out across a leather pouch. Placing each knife carefully into its own respective slot in the pouch, Cressida rolled up the parcel and took it in hand. Re-entering the tent shortly after, she was treated to a subtly swaying Sophia, humming in tune to some unrecognizable song as she washed kitchenware in a basin. Realizing that Sophia hadn't noticed her return, Cressida thought to share a moment with her wife before setting out for her work. Slowly creeping up on the unsuspecting Sophia, the slightly larger of the two Lamia eyed her prey. Taking in the sight one last time, Cressida pounced.

"Ah! Creeeesss, I'm cleaniiinnng. Didn't you want dinner by your return?"

Cressida had claimed her prize, embracing Sophia from behind and burying her face into her wife's neck as her arms wrapped around to squeeze their captive.

"Mu- 'm sampling desert for a moment."

Cressida pecked at Sophia's ear before taking in her scent, the smell of mountain flowers and a few herbs they'd gathered giving her a pleasant aroma. Swaying to the same tune Sophia hummed just a moment before; Cressida leaned onto her wife stood there hugging her.

"Cressida?"

"Still sampling~."

"Hehe, Cress, come oooon. You can 'sample' later love, for now, let me get dinner ready."

Sophia responded, pressing herself from Cressida and breaking the grip over her. Turning around to see a now pouting wife, she leaned in and returned the kiss from earlier to Cressida's forehead.

"Besides, If the coast is clear, we can do much more than 'sample'; we can enjoy a full course together."

Sophia teased, tracing a finger along a particular crease in Cressida's waist wrap.

"Ah, hello! Okay, haha! I'll look forward to it. In the meantime, here."

Reaching back to the table behind them, Cressida handed Sophia the parcel containing the knives.

"Thank you, want me to see you out the tent with a cup of coffee and a kiss?"

A slight eerie grumbling noise caught Cressida's attention as Sophia asked her, but she wrote it off as if it were from the construction.

"That would be nice, would you?"

"The pot's already boiling.~"

Sophia chimed, looking to an open-topped crate for some form of cup. Amidst the noise of clutter, this time, both of them found pause as the grumbling noise returned, this time with a slightly louder groan. As it subsided, Sophia resumed her search, producing a ceramic mug.