C32

After I blacked out, I had a strange dream. I was in what looked like a really big living room, a hearth at either end and tables traveling the length of the room; weapons, pelts, and hunting trophies littered the walls. There was a crowd of people moving to and fro throughout the room, talking to each other, and drinking. Moving to one of the walls, my sight was drawn to a throne made of wood and coated in pelts at the center of the wall I'd come to. A woman sat atop it, raising a wooden cup and joining in laughter with others from time to time. She seemed familiar, I was drawn to her.

Why are you so familiar? Who-... I lost myself... these are more of her memories, huh. She... she looks like the woman I saw before.

For a moment, my mind began taking its own direction. It felt like I was on rails with my thought, not just my actions. After controlling myself, I recalled where I've seen her before. This Oni woman, was Kiyomi's true mother, or at least from what I could tell. Our own facial features looked similar to hers, we had her eyes and hair, yet our secondary features were different. Our secondary features were a far-cry of hers, but the relation was unmistakable. 

"Mama! Mama!"

I yelled to her. Reaching her lap, she looked at me, and her smile changed. Her expression softened as she placed her cup to the side, she leaned forward in the chair, grabbing my sides before lifting me. 

"Kiyomi, Kiyomi~! How's my lil'girl~?"

The woman placed us in her lap, nuzzling our cheek as we laughed. 

"Mama, I can do the thing without going bed now!"

Why are we talking like we've got a speech impediment?

My speech was slurred at points, but still understandable. 

On differences, did we get smaller?

We were sitting in her lap, searching our field of view, our sword was to the side of the throne. It was a third larger than it should have been.

How old is this memory?

"Oh? Is that true? Juro, is this little hellion telling the truth?"

The woman was now looking to someone out of our field of view until they began leaning on the throne and looking down at us.

"She's not fibbing, Elexis, she managed to hold mana-burst up for some time today. Thought the reason was foolish, she was afraid to get on the horse with me as we traveled around town. She insisted she ride with the carriage driver, so she threw it up for a while."

The man talking, Juro, looked just like the man from our dreams that we've been having over the last year or so. Only he was very much alive. 

"Horse too tall! I'm not riding with Papa on one! I'll ride with Mama or on Wagon!"