C25

"Alright, breaks over. Hope you caught your breath."

Callum spoke, cracking his knuckles before readjusting the wooden sword in his grip.

Come on, kid, just swing already. You're just barely stronger than me as it stands.

Callum thought to himself; his stats displayed just on the left side of his vision. Knowing Kiyomi's strength, he was given an opportunity to fight someone that actually rivaled his own. He was currently his party's offensive member of the vanguard for a reason. Ranking the 'Revenants' by physical strength from weakest to strongest, it was Chessa, Hatsumi, Stanis, Avery, then Callum himself. Both himself and Stanis were given blessings by Solah around the time of the purges. Stanis received 'iron skin,' which made him excel as the tank even further, whilst Callum received greatly enhanced strength. This was the reason he was trying to press Kiyomi to actually strike at him with full strength; he was one of the few who could actually take the brunt of her force. Initially, he intended just to teach her how to fight, but when it came to her strength, it fell on him to help her temper that as well.

If she hesitates on the wrong person or thing, she'll end up being killed. Don't pay mind to her crying damnit! This is for her own good.

He continued thinking about his own actions as the child in front of him continued to drink from the waterskin he had just tossed her.

She needs this, withholding the fact that she hesitates. If she were to get in a fight or not learn how to handle herself properly, she could just as easily unintentionally kill someone. I cant teach her to control it much easier without knowing its height.

Callum brushed away a stream of sweat that had suddenly gathered at his brow.

But she's also tougher than I expected, she has a higher threshold for pain. Like her body's actually experienced it before.

The child was just bringing the waterskin from her lips and resealing it. In various places across her body, heavy bruising and light cuts were seen. Aside from this, she was flinching when moving in certain ways. Callum was able to tell something was cracked or fractured; her HP was giving a good indication of that as he could see it for the time being thanks to a party spell that Kelly cast before they started.

Several hundred HP left...She's got a cracked or broken rib, internal bleeding, maybe a concussion?

This kind of injury was normal for prolonged training. It's why Callum hired Kelly to be on standby. But Kiyomi putting up with this many accumulating injuries on the first session was completely unexpected.

"Done?"