47

It had been two weeks since Kate's sudden passing. And Arizona was holding up quite well given the circumstances. She had been hanging out with Callie, Jada, Sofia, and Michelle the majority of that time.

Things quieted down after Kate's funeral a week ago. Arizona went back to her apartment with her parents for a few days, but returned as soon as her parents headed back to New York.

Sofia was enjoying having her aunt around all the time, even more so when she found out that Arizona would be temporarily moving in. Understandably, being alone at the apartment she shared with Kate was a lot, and a constant reminder of what she lost. Arizona ended her lease and was staying with the Torres family until she found another place.

For the past week, the girls had been hanging out trying to have as much fun as possible. Callie, Jada, Sofia, and Arizona were on their way back from the ride they had taken through one of the national forests outside of Seattle.

Callie drove while Jada sat opposite her in the passenger's seat with Arizona and Sofia in the backseat of the new Jeep. Jada reached around the front of the center console to grab Callie's hand.

With Arizona staying with them, they tried to limit intimacy around her for fear that it would remind her of Kate. It was successful until one night when they were watching a movie, Callie and Jada went to make their daughter popcorn. Arizona had gotten up at the same time and walked through the kitchen to see Jada sitting on the countertop locked in a heated make-out session with Callie.

Arizona jokingly scolded them and told them that they didn't need to worry about her. Yeah, she missed Kate a lot, but seeing Callie and Jada didn't really remind her of Kate.

"Aunt Arizona," the now four year old said from the backseat. "Look at this!"

Sofia was watching a show on her tablet in the backseat and must've seen something cool she wanted to show her aunt.

"That's awesome Sofia," Arizona answered the little girl. "Have your mommies taken you to the zoo to see the tigers yet?"

She took a moment to think before shaking her head. Callie and Jada did take their daughter to the zoo last summer, but she was growing so fast she most likely forgot.

"Well, if your mommies say it's okay, would you want to go to the zoo with me one of these days?"

"Yes! Mommy and Momma can I go?"

"Of course, sweetheart," Jada replied. "As long as you're good for Aunt Arizona."

"I will!" she exclaimed.

"And that means no arguing or talking back when Aunt Arizona tells you that you can't have or do something, okay? Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mommy." Sofia then called for Jada again. "Mommy?"

"Yes honey?"

"Is Aunt Arizona going to live with us forever?Because that would be really cool."

Jada immediately made eye contact with Callie who immediately looked into the rear view mirror at Arizona.

"Sofia, honey," Callie began. "All of us miss Aunt Kate a lot," she started to explain. "Especially Aunt Arizona because Aunt Kate was to her what Mommy is to me. She was her wife just like Mommy is my wife. We're hanging out with Aunt Arizona until she feels ready to go home."

"But," the little girl hesitated. "I like us all together."

"I do too sweetie," Arizona replied.

Jada looked at Callie and Callie looked back at Jada while their daughter continued to explain why it would be a good idea for her aunt to live with them too.

Arizona was welcome to stay as long as she would like. It didn't even bother Jada that her wife's ex-girlfriend was currently living with them in their home. It was the opposite. Even though Callie and Arizona had history, it was a hard known who slept in Callie's bed. Jada had no ill thoughts or worries about Arizona staying with them, but actually quite the opposite.

She enjoyed the other blonde's presence. Especially as she continued to get farther into her pregnancy. The morning sicknesses were getting bad and she was really beginning to feel their daughter kick. Jada was 28 weeks in and just over two months, she would be bringing another daughter into the world. Having a pediatric and fetal expert around was quite relaxing.

"I want Aunt Arizona to be with us," Sofia spoke up again from the backseat.

"I hear you, Sofia," Jada answered calmly. "I'll tell you what," she said, in a quiet tone while trying not to get her daughters hopes up for something that wasn't going to happen. "Momma, Aunt Arizona, and I will talk about it. Okay? How does that sound?"

"Thank you, Mommy!"

"You're welcome sweetheart."