Chapter 50 Savior

⚠️(A/N) This chapter will contain themes intended for only mature audiences. Viewer discretion is heavily advised. ⚠️

No one's POV

20 Minutes Earlier...

After the end of the Bullet of Bullet tournament ended with the combined victory of Nhazul and Sinon, after logging out, Shino saw she was alone within her apartment. Quickly as she checked for intruders, but instead found her friend Kyouji Shinkawa at the door, who came to congratulate her on winning the tournament.

Kyouji: Well, congratulations on becoming the BoB champion. Asada...Sinon was really amazing. You finally became the strongest gunman in GGO. But...I knew it. Asada would one day succeed. Because Asada had real strength like no others...

Shino soon blushed a bit, embarrassed.

Shino: Thanks. But there're two winners this time...and if you saw the live telecast, you should have seen that there were a lot of unnatural things that happened...maybe the tournament will be declared as invalid...

Kyouji: Hmm?

Shino: Well...how should I put it...

There really wasn't an easy way to explain the entire incident to him. She wasn't even sure she understood it fully herself. After all, could Death Gun really have killed a player by poison in the real world, simply by shooting them in the virtual world? She had no definite proof that Pale Rider had been killed, not simply disconnected.

Shino: It's nothing, really. Just that there was a strange player. But you were really quick in getting over here. The tournament just ended 5 minutes ago...

Kyouji glanced down, and Shino smiled at his shyness.

Kyouji: Ah...well...I came over near your house and used my cellphone to watch the live feed so I could immediately congratulate you...

His tone was hurried in evident nervousness...

Shino: I had a feeling it would be like that. It's cold outside though. You'll catch a cold! Let me brew you some tea.

As Shino moved to stand, but stopped when Kyouji shook his head. His nervous smile faded, and he met her gaze evenly.

Kyouji: Well... Asada...

Shino: What is it?

Kyouji: I...saw the footage of the desert cave...on the telecast...

Hearing this, Shino's eyes widened. She could easily guess from his words and expression what he didn't say out loud. Thinking about what happened back in the cave, she couldn't help but blush again.

Shino: T-that was...

Now remembering sobbing on Nhazul's lap. Of course Kyouji had seen the footage. She could only say that she was too careless and caused things to end up like this. She lowered her head, apologetic, knowing he would want to ask her about her relationship with Nhazul.

Kyouji: That guy...must have threatened you, right? You could only do that because he got something on you, right?

Hearing this, her head snapped up, surprised.

Shino: What?

A strange glint entered his eyes, unnerving her. Kyouji leaned forward, half-kneeling now. His voice was hoarse, his lips barely moving.

Kyouji: You were threatened by him, and even sniped at the player he was fighting against...but you made that guy relax and then brought him down with you with a grenade, right? But...I don't think that's enough, Asada. I said it before...You must show him some attitude.