Chapter 123 The Sky Of Infinite Night

No one's POV

Alice: Nha-zul...

Still looking in disbelief, Alice continued to look at Nhazul, finally awakened from his half-year slumber, he nodded at her with a strong but slightly embarrassed smile and then turned to the two dying dragons that were beating their wings with their final traces of strength. The edges of their wings and the ends of their tails were slowly vanishing, as though they were melting into the light.

Amayori saw the Nhazul that she had spent half a year living together with at the cabin on the outskirts of Rulid Village, and called weakly roared to him.

Nhazul nodded once to her, and closed his eyes.

All of a sudden, the two dragons were inundated by a prismatic film. It looked as though a large soap bubble had wrapped them up. But the dragons were without fear: they merely folded their wings, bent their necks, and curled up their bodies.

Wrapped in multicolored light, Amayori and Takiguri's gigantic frames began shrinking at breakneck speed. No, rather, they were becoming younger, less mature.

Their sharp talons grew round and mellow. Their thick, silvery scales softened into feathers. Their tails and necks shortened, and their miniaturized wings became covered in fur.

By the time the two dragons landed softly in Alice's open arms, their bodies were no longer than fifty cen. Covered from head to toe in bluish-white skin and fur, Takiguri's eyes were closed in apparent snooze.

But Amayori had returned to her original appearance when Alice had first met her in the Central Cathedral. The greenish ball of fur raised its head straight up at her, opened its mouth lined with teeth resembling rows of pearls.

Alice:Ama... yori...

Alice blinked a few times, and realized that the baby dragons in her arms had transformed into two large eggs. Tenderly covering the two eggs with both hands, Alice looked up again towards the sky.

Alice: Thank you... Welcome back, Nhazul...

Nhazul: I'm the one who should be apologizing for making you worry for so long. Thank you, Alice. Let's meet again in the Real World.

After speaking with Alice, Nhazul slowly changed the direction he was facing, turning directly towards the Pursuer wrapped in Darkness. Perhaps unable to endure both Incarnations pitted against each other, the void began ejecting sparks sporadically.

Alice: Nhazul...Not even you can defeat this enemy with a normal attack.

Alice bit her lip with that apprehension, but
she then heard a voice came from not far behind and saw it was Sinon.

Alice: Sinon...

Sinon: Don't worry, Alice.

Sinon then looked at the pursuer in darkness and instantly recognized him.

Sinon: Subtlizer....

Thousands of questions started filling in Sinon's head, the top being why was he here, Subtlizer of all people be inside the Underworld, as memories from the fourth BoB started flooding her mind and her hands started shaking in fear, but that fear immediately vanished when her eyes shifted over to Nhazul.

Sinon: Let's put our trust in Nhazul. We need to get to the [World End Altar] as quickly as possible.

Alice: Y-Yeah...

Alice turned looking up towards the World's End Altair standing tall above the distant horizon, and the floating white island hovering before it.

Alice: The World End Altar should be on that floating island. But we cannot ride the dragons anymore; how are we to get somewhere so high up...?