Chapter 111 Arrival

No one's POV

Upon wiping out the Dark Mages and declaring herself the [Priestess of Light], Alice returned to Bercouli, who was overseeing the raid unit move out.

Bercouli: The Dark God Vecta sure seems obsessed with you. He's planning to come after you with his entire army.

Alice: I suppose we should be happy about that. It's better then being ignored, at least.

Bercouli: So about our strategy going forward. The raid unit and I will keep leading the enemy away, and reduce their numbers. Does that sound right?

Alice: Yes. We're already annihilated half of the invading forces, which leaves only the enemy's main force of Dark Knights and the Pugilists. We'll wear them down to a certain point, and if we can defeat the Dark God Vecta, it's highly likely that the remaining enemies will open to a truce.

Bercouli: The problem is, who will be leading the enemy when that happens? If only that Shasta brat were alive.

Alice looked at Bercouli confused.

Alice: Uncle, you think the Dark General is already dead?

Bercouli: Yes. I can't detect him in the main force. I did have a feeling that maybe...

Suddenly, Renly landed behind the two of them.

Renly: Allow me to report, my lord Knight Commander. There'll be no problem using the designated spot in the south for our ambush.

Bercouli: Alright, thanks for checking. Have the units prepare to move out. Your dragon must be exhausted. Be sure to give it plenty of food and water.

Renly: Yes, sir!

As Renly left, Bercouli had a smile on his face, which Alice noticed.

Alice: Uncle?

Bercouli: Oh, it's just that... Robbing people of their memories, and freezing their life to create Integrity Knights... I agree the Synthesis Ritual shouldn't be allowed. But it'll be a shame not to have young fellows like him joining the order anymore, you know?

Alice: I don't believe that having your memory altered and your life frozen is the only way to become an Integrity Knight, Uncle.

As Alice felt the Eldrie's Frost Scale Whip on her side, she smiled.

Alice: Even if none of us are left standing, our souls... Our purpose will be inherited by those who come after us. That's what I believe.

Soon Alice and Bercouli heard the Dark Knights and Pugilists making their way to them, with the Pugilists outrunning the Dark knights, who were on horse back, leading the charge was their leader, [Iskahn].

Alice: Something's coming.

Bercouli: That has to be the [Pugilists]

Bercouli: That has to be the [Pugilists]. They're going to be a handful..They'll gladly take injuries from a bare fist, but absolutely refuse to be slashed with a sword.