Chap. 18 AKA me

Jimin POV

I got back to the room and saw Zena getting her makeup done and put on some jewelries.

"Are you ready to leave?" I asked her while keeping my attention on my phone screen, texting the other guys.

Her father had called us this morning, as expected, and wanted to go and have breakfast with him. He also mentioned that he wanted to talk about something important with me.

"Yeah I'm ready. Could you help me put this on?"

She got up and walked over to me. I put my phone down in my pocket and gave her my attention.

"Here." She held a blue diamond bracelet in front of me for me to take it and place it on her wrist.

I got surprised when I saw the bracelet. It made me freeze for a second on my spot.

I knew that bracelet. I remember it. I gave it to Y/n near our anniversary. Or maybe Zena just got a similar one. Y/n wouldn't give away that.

"Babe?"

"Where did you get this?" I asked her and took the bracelet from her palm.

"Jasmine gave it to me." She said happily. "That's my wedding gift from her. She also said that it was right that I had it. Not really sure what she meant by that. It looked like this bracelet was very value to her so I don't understand why she would give it away."

Yeah I also don't understand. If it was a value thing she then wouldn't just give it away like that.

"I don't think it goes with your outfit. Don't wear it."

"But..."

"Zena come on now or we will be late."

I took her hand and walked out with her to the car. I secretly put the bracelet in my pocket without her seeing it.

"Alex?" She called after me when we hit the road.

"Hmm?"

"Are you angry?"

I took a quick glance at her and then back to the road. She looked like a child who had just been scolded at.

Well what can I say? Yes I'm angry. Angry at your father, angry at myself and now Y/n starts to anger me.

I can't be with her, and just that angers me. This mission is going beyond our plans now that she's in the picture. She's a distraction and I don't know for how long I can control myself.

"Yes I am a bit angry." I looked at her once again and found her staring down at her fingers.

I reached out my right hand to her and grabbed her hand holding it above her thighs.

"I'm not angry at you, Zena. You have done nothing wrong. So no need to worry. It's just... my work. Things are stressful right now."

She seemed to believe me and we let the subject go. I started to talk about random things just to lit her mood up a bit more.

We arrived at her father's house and already a few cars were parked outside. A guard opened the door for us and we entered.

Zena lead the way to the dining room were Mr Talapi already was sat. The table was set for 6 people. Me, Zena, her father, her cousin and her two uncles.

"Dad!" She said and went to hug him from behind.

"Oh my little angel."

I let them have their moment before putting my innocent face on and greeting him.