Chap. 2 Engaged

1 year later

Zena POV

"Com'on pick up!" I started to get impatient as this girl never knows how to answer on time.

"What...?"

"Oh finally! What took you so long?!"

"I was asleep. What do you want?!"

As always this woman was sleeping whenever I called her.

"Alright so listen!"

"Mmmh..."

"So you remember the guy I told you about? The one I've been dating for 3 months now? The one you never have time to meet?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. So what about him? Did he cheat on you?! Cause I SWEAR TO GOD IF HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO..."

"He proposed to me!"

After that the line was so silent I thought she had hung up on me.

"WHAT?!!!"

Shit! My ear almost exploded.

"He did WHAT?!!"

"I'M FREAKING ENGAGED BITCH!! AHHHHH"

"AHHHHHH"

We shouted at the same time that ended with us laughing at ourselves.

*******

"No no no. I can't do this. I'm too scared."

"Don't worry I'm here with you. I'll stand right behind you. And besides, your father loves you so much. I think he would be happy. He's the one that has been nagging about you getting a man for such a long time. Com'on you can do this."

"Thank you for being here with me. I love you so much."

"And I love you. So Com'on let's get in."

We entered my father's office finding him talking on the phone. He was standing by the large glass windows looking down at the city.

"Hi dad!"

"Listen. I'm gonna call you back. My daughter is here. Alright goodbye." He hung up the phone and smiled at us. "So what can I do for my two little angels? What do you guys need?"

"Ehh nothing..."

"Actually, uncle. Zena has to tell you something."

Omg this girl!

"Oh really? What is it?"

Alright let's just get done with it. I mean what's the worst thing that can happen? Well probably he'll hunt down this poor man and...

"Zena?" My father called my name.

Ahhh

Ok let's just take a deep breath.

"So ehm. You know the guy I've been talking about. Alexander Lee." I raised my hand and showed him the ring. "He proposed to me."

"Eh... wow, that was fast. But... well that's a very nice ring." I wasn't sure if he was happy for me or not. He got lost in his thoughts for a second. Probably thinking how to end my fiancé. Just like how he has scarred every single guy that has met me.

"I know this was very sudden. But I love him. He's a very good man and I'm sure you'd love him too. He is not like the others you've met. This one is very special and I think that he may be the one for me now."

He took a deep breath scratching his bald head thinking deeply.

"Alright baby. I see that you really like this guy and wanna marry him, but I haven't even seen who he is. I don't wanna give away my daughter to someone who probably is a killer."