Chap. 21 Understanding

Taehyung POV

I opened my eyes taking in my surroundings. I was in the hospital. I felt a weight on me and heard some sniffles so I looked down. It was Jungkook. He was crying while holding my hand and having his head rested on my chest.

He had his head turned towards my feet so he couldn't see me awake. His crying and memories of what happened brought tears to my eyes.

I took my other free hand and petted him him on the head. He immediately stopped crying and raised up looking at me in chock.

"Hi baby..." I said and gave him a weak smile.

"Hyung!" He started to cry again and hugged me. "I was so scared. Y-you can't just die like that in my arms."

I wrapped my arms around him hugging him back.

"I'm sorry Jungkookah."

He soon broke the hug and tried not to cry. His face was still red and puffy. His nose was still running and his voice was shaking.

"Don't cry please." He cupped my cheeks and whipped my tears away.

"Jungkook I..."

"Stop Taehyung. Don't think about it right now. Whatever it is you wanna say, you can say it later. You need to rest. Doctors orders. Your heart... is very weak right now. You need to let it recover a bit more. And I'll be here when you wake up. I promise you."

"I'm so tired." I told him my voice barely being heard.

"Shh. I know, hyung. I know. Just get some rest."

I didn't say anything or protest. The least I could do right now after hurting him is to listen and do as he says.

He leaned in and gave me a kiss on my forehead. Something that I used to do to him. This situation made me feel so small under his touch.

"I love you Tae. No matter what, I'll always love you."

"I love you too..."

I pulled him in for a kiss, missing the taste of him. It's been way to long for me since I last touched my baby. Even though it's barely been three days, it has been hell for me.

He sat down while holding my hand and watched me slowly drift off into dreamland.

*******

Zena POV

The front door opened and in walked five people, all looking exhausted. It was early after all. 7 o clock and they were at the hospital all night.

I took of my apron and approached them. They all stopped and looked at me, and then at Jimin, and then back at me again. They all looked a bit surprised. But Alex, I couldn't really tell by his blank expression.

"Hi..."

"Hi." The others said at the same time. It then became quite and they were just looking at me.

"How's he doing?" I asked them. More like to Alex since I was just looking back at him and wanted an answer from him.

"He is fine for now. He just needs to rest." He answered me.

I nodded.

"I made breakfast for you all. You must be hungry after staying up all night." I said hesitantly not knowing if they would want anything from me.

Alex... or whatever his name was, walked closer to me and looked me dead in the eyes. My heart started to pound faster feeling nervous.

"Why did you stay?"