Ch. 3

Wangji returned to the room after a shower and dressed in the comfortable clothes that Zhan gave him. The one thing he still had on was his forehead ribbon.

"Why do you wear that?" Yibo asked.

"It's something within my family Sect," Wangji explained, "it means to conduct oneself and only parents, spouses and children can touch it."

"What?!" Wuxian asked, "I am such an idiot!"

"What do you mean?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"I didn't know that and I have touched that thing more than once," Wuxian said, "why didn't you tell me that?!"

"Out of all the times you wrote down our principles you never knew?" Wangji asked.

"You expect me, someone who is not born in Cloud Recesses, to memorize three thousand plus rules?" Wuxian asked.

Wangji sighed, "it's fine, you are the only one I allowed to touch it anyway. So it is yours by right."

"Excuse me? We are not married," Wuxian said.

"Did you not hear what I said that day you fell? I love you, and that will never change," Wangji said.

Wuxian stared at him in silence. Yibo tapped Xiao Zhan's arm and gestured to him to leave, "let's give them some privacy," Yibo said.

"Don't overstrain yourselves," Xiao Zhan said and the two left the room.

"You love me?" Wuxian asked, "why?"

"I always have, I was pushing you away at first because I was afraid to get close to someone. When you came into my life, I experienced emotions that I have never felt before. It was so much for me and all I could do was react aggressively and I am very sorry. I never meant to make it seem like I hated you. I love you so much and I would rather live the rest of my life with you here in this world than live alone in our old world," he explained.

Wuxian got off his bed and went over to Wangji. He immediately crawled onto his lip and kissed him senselessly. Though Xiao Zhan said not to overstrain themselves, the two ignored it and had sex that night in that room.

Yibo was getting ready for bed that night when he started hearing sinful sounds coming from downstairs in the medical room. He couldn't help but laugh before going to check in Xiao Zhan.

"Please tell me I am not the only one hearing things?" Yibo asked him.

"I wish I could say so but unfortunately," Xhan said with a giggle, "so much for following doctors orders."

"I had a feeling they wouldn't have anyway," Yibo said, "they seemed like they wanted to pounce on each other the moment they laid eyes in each other."

"You are not wrong," Zhan said.

"I know this is out of nowhere but mind if I sleep beside you tonight?" Yibo asked.

Zhan smiled, "come."

Yibo smiled back and hopped into the bed beside Xiao Zhan, "at least we have the weekend off. I am exhausted...even more so than when we got home,'' Yibo said as he snuggled close to Zhan.

"I know, I am pretty tired myself," Zhan said, "we will check on the two tomorrow. Let's get some sleep."

At four in the morning, Zhan got a phone call from his brother Xiao Zhuo Cheng saying that their sister Xiao Xuan Lu now Cao Xuan Lu, has gone into labor.

"When?" He asked, sitting up.

"About half an hour ago, at Beijing hospital...care to stop by your old work for a few minutes?" Cheng asked.

"I'll be there shortly," Zhan said and hung up.

"Zhan?" Yibo asked, "what is it?"

"My A'Jie is in labor," Zhan said.

"You go, I will be here with those two..call me when you have news," Yibo said tiredly.

"Mnn," Zhan said and got up. He quickly dressed in something casual but comfortable and left the house to the hospital. He stopped at a cafe that was open that early for coffee. He picked some up for Cheng as well, "A'Cheng, how is she?"

"Still waiting," Cheng said.

"I got you coffee," Zhan said.

"Thanks," Cheng said.

"Did you call, Yuchen?" Zhan asked.

"Yes, of all times he has to go away for work," Cheng said, "you would think he'd take time off for her."

"Well, he is a peacock," Zhan said, "let me guess though, out of the city?"

"Yes, he is flying in from Seoul, (South Korea), so he might not be here until later tomorrow," Cheng said.

"Idiot," Zhan said, "don't know what LuLu sees in him, but we can't do anything about it...if he fucks up though, I won't let him get away with it."

"I know, I should break his leg so he stays put," Cheng said.

"Then we would have to substitute as father," Zhan said.

"We are uncles, it's close enough," Cheng said.

"Xuan Lu?" A doctor called out.

"That's us," Zhan said, "Dr. Ziyi, how is she?"

"She is healthy and she had a healthy baby boy. You two can meet her in her room shortly," she said.

"Thanks Zoey," Zhan said.

"Anytime, Zhan," Zoey (Ziyi) said.

Zhan and Cheng went to Xuan Lu's room and waited. She soon arrived with the baby. Zhan let Cheng hold him first, "Cao Peixin," Zhan said, "that's what you decided?"

"Mnn," Xuan Lu said.

"You must be tired, get some sleep," Zhan said, "Cheng and I can handle him until you wake or Yuchen arrives."

"He is still on his flight?" Xuan Lu asked.

"Yes...are you upset with him?" Cheng asked.

"A little bit, but what can I do? No matter how much I tell him I need him here, he finds excuses to go out to work," Xuan Lu said.

"Let us handle him," Cheng said.

Xuan Lu nodded as she watched Cheng hand Peixin over to Zhan, "Zhan, when will you marry Yibo?"

"Excuse me?" He asked quietly.

"We all know you have a thing for him," Xuan Lu said.

"That doesn't mean he likes me that way back," Zhan said and handed her Peixin, "speaking of, I am needed back home soon. We had a couple emergency patients come to us last night so I should get back."

"Alright, come back soon okay," Cheng said.

He nodded and left. Zhan drove back home thinking about what Xuan Lu said. Zhan has been in love with Yibo since high school. They have been friends since they were toddlers, but Zhan knew he was into Yibo after a certain point. All he wanted was to open up but he didn't want to lose his friendship with Yibo.