Ch. 64 ⚠️

⚠️Sensitive content in this chapter. Chapter includes anxiety, depression, and trauma. Please read with caution⚠️
.
.
.
__________

Tension was rising between everyone at the patio table. Lan Xichen was trying to understand why Baoshan had it out for him. He was trying his best, at least he thought he was. He knows he said things that he shouldn't have and they can't be taken back. The only thing he can do is try to make up for his words. He was curious about one thing though, if Baoshan knew these events, why didn't she step up sooner?"

"If you knew all these things were to happen why didn't you step up?" Xichen asked her.

"There's only so much one could do when trying to alter the course of fate before it's too much of a change that it creates more problems. Everyone has their own paths to take and for A'Ying, his was this, same goes for Wangji. They are now immortal which means they have succeeded making it through their misfortunes and something good came out of it," Baoshan answered, "I may also be an immortal being but I cannot stop others thoughts and actions. I created that portal for A'Ying and Wangji to get them away from all their pain and suffering so they could heal together. It was that Jin bastard that got his hands on something that was not his and brought you into it. I was going to help the Wen siblings anyway but you helped the boy so that is enough. Be thankful I'm not tearing you apart because you didn't want to be there for your brother when he needed you most. You chose to be a politician and listen to them then focusing on the pain your brother was in."

Lan Xichen nodded, "I have a lot of regrets," he admitted as tears started to build up in his eyes, "I did not pay close attention to my brother and he got hurt because of it. I am a failure. Is that what you all want to hear? I failed as a brother, as a sect leader, and as a son. Not a day goes by where I wish I could understand and I am trying, but there is only so much I can handle before I can't take it anymore. Wangji, I am sorry that I am not the brother you want me to be, I am sorry that I was not the sect leader I should have been, and to Wuxian, I am sorry I misunderstood you."

Through his words, Lan Wangji was getting worried. He had never seen his brother break down like this. He has been trying to balance between Wuxian and Xichen and it's been hard. Lan Xichen stood up and walked away. He went through the house and left through the front door. He wasn't even paying attention as he began to walk across the street and a car came flying through. The thing was, the car was going so fast that it made it seem like he did it on purpose, like he was waiting. Xichen passed out upon contact with the incoming vehicle. The person inside the car smirked and managed to drag Xichen into his car and drive off.

Wangji and Wuxian exited the house just as the car drove off, "Xiongzhang!" Wangji called out as tears fell from his eyes.

Haikuan and Yibo recognized the car immediately and contacted some people to search for it. The car belonged to Zhu Zanjin. He has been trying to get Haikuan's job for a long time, and now he has found out some things about the people Haikuan was with. He wanted to learn more about these people, especially since he got a hold of the DNA samples of Haikuans. Zanjin noticed something intriguing about the things he saw and wanted to learn more about these beings. Now Zhu Zanjin has Xichen and there is no telling what will happen.

"What will happen to my brother?" Wangji asked.

"Knowing Zanjin and the work we do, he will want to experiment on Xichen," Haikuan answered, "I'm being honest with you as I know this will scare you. He will more than likely want to know what you guys do, how you cultivate. My files from home were recently stolen and now I think I know why. He might try to use Xichen as a way to learn about your anatomy. He does inhuman things with his work as it is and our boss has been trying to prove it so he could not only fire him but charge him for his illegal work."

Lan Wangji felt like a bucket of ice cold water had poured over him. This was not good, "if he knows of the golden core...." Wangji began.

"He will go through what I did," Wuxian said, "he might try to cut it out and find a way to take it for himself."

"We will find him," Baoshan said, "I may have been hard on him but I never wanted this to happen to him. I have a way to find out where he is."

"How?" Wangji asked.

"Since he is your brother by blood, I can use you to locate him," Baoshan said, "but it will be painful and there is a possibility that you will feel as if you are Qi Deviating when you are not. You will need a lot of time to rest afterwards. You wouldn't be able to help get him with the others."

"Let Yibo, Zhan and I get him, and you three can say with Wangji and the Wens," Haikuan said.

"Are you going to do it?" Wuxian asked.

"I will, I know you don't want me hurting but I have to do this," Wangji said.

"I know, and you know I'd do the same," Wuxian said.

"You may not like seeing him in pain so all I ask is that you try to restrain yourself from lashing out," Baoshan said.

"I understand," Wuxian said.

////////////
Decided to share another chapter with you all today, story will be updated again next week. Hope you enjoy.