Ch. 23 ⚠️

⚠️ Sensitive Themes of mental health and emotional trauma are included in this chapter. Please read with caution. ⚠️
.
.
.
___________

Everyone gathered in the living room to finish hearing Wei Wuxian's story but they wanted more information from Lan Xichen about the current situation back home.

"Honestly, the sects are still not at peace, even with Wei Wuxian gone," Lan Xichen said, "people are also angry at Sect Leader Jiang because he let Hanguang Jun die with Wei Wuxian. They say Jiang Wanyin made the final blow and because of that Wangji fell with him."

"I passed out from shock," Wangji told him, "When saw Wei Ying fall, I guess it was too much for me."

Lan Xichen nodded, "not only that but Jin Guangshan had suddenly passed away too, and Jin Guangyao is now chief cultivator and sect leader to the Jin Sect."

"How did Jin Guangshan die?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"They say heart attack but there was no clear answer to how he died. It was all so sudden," Xichen replied, "so the sects wanted peace, but they still didn't get it. There are people looking for Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's bodies. The people are fighting over who gets their swords and spiritual weapons. The Lan Sect has Bichen and Wangji but I know that Jiang Wanyin reportedly had Chenqing and the Jin Sect had Suibian."

"Suibian?" Yibo asked.

Wuxian giggled, "that is the name of my sword."

"You named your sword, Whatever?" Yibo asked.

"Yeah," Wuxian answered, "that's not important right now."

Xiao Zhan shook his head, "you do that a lot."

"Do what?" Wuxian asked.

"You redirect the conversation so you do not have to explain yourself or you are just not wanting to talk about it in general. You have done that a few times. Almost as if you feel it does not matter if you explain yourself or not. You lack self-value and self-confidence," Xiao Zhan explained. Lan Xichen took notice immediately. He suddenly realized that Wei Wuxian has done that a lot, even before he died. He always tried to redirect the topics away from himself.

"I have my reasons," Wuxian said folding his arms across his chest.

"Why?" Xiao Zhan asked.

Wuxian looked at him and the others and sighed, "I do not want to talk about it," he said, "I am selfish like that."

Lan Xichen looked at Wuxian wide eyed. He remembered his words towards him long ago in Yunmeng when they crossed paths. Lan Xichen did not realize his words were that harmful towards him.

"Wei Wuxian...about that day.." Lan Xichen began.

Wei Wuxian stood up, "I do not want to hear it. I want to be alone," he said and went up to his and Wangji's room.

"Xiongzhang?" Wangji questioned.

"I did not realize my words still stuck to him to this day," Lan Xichen said.

"What words?" Wangji asked.

"Back when Shufu had you amending the sect rules, and I went to Yunmeng...I ran into Wei Wuxian back then and we sat down to talk for a bit," Lan Xichen explained, "I, of course, did not know of his truths then, but we were talking and he said he'd like to come visit you in Gusu. I suggest that he listen to some music that you have been learning. He started questioning my intentions. I then gave him some...advice that might have upset him."

"What did you say, Xiongzhang?" Wangji asked more demanding this time.

"As I was more concerned about you then anything else and didn't even consider his feeling at the time, I said to him, 'Wangji is my brother, I know his thoughts well. Even if you listen or not, I have a few thoughts to express. There are set rules in the world, and goodness is with regulation. If you were the only one in the world, surely you could do whatever you please, but unfortunately, there are others too. I hope you won't be so self-centered since the people you care about are affected by your actions.' I did not intend for that hurt him. At the time we were all worried for him and his cultivation and temperament," Xichen explained.

Wangji let out a deep breath and walked around the room for a moment to calm his thoughts, "Xiongzhang, I understand that you probably meant well, but you could have been a bit more sensitive of him...you should know that since he and I have been here, I learned everything that he has been through. His childhood abuse and neglect. The trauma, the pain and the loneliness. When I found out about his loss of his golden core I was so distraught.

I had so many memories of how I was towards him and all the misunderstandings we had. He said he never blamed me and he was never upset with me. He accepted me so quickly again because I was the only one who actually did try to understand him. He has fully healed from his injuries with the help of Wang Yibo. He does not carry resentment anymore and he even has a golden core again."

"A new golden core? How?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Dual Cultivation," Wangji replied.

Lan Xichen was silent for a moment. He knows exactly what dual cultivation means, meaning the exchange or passing of spiritual essence through sexual intercourse. That meant that Wangji and Wuxian were very close...cultivation partners at this point even, "You...and Wei Gongzi?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Do you have a problem with me being his partner?" Wangji asked, "or is it that you do not have your sworn brother to give you his own opinion. You tend to think more of what he says than what I say anyway."

Feeling that they needed their privacy, Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo both left the two brothers alone to talk. They actually wanted to check up on Wei Wuxian. Wangji has told Xiao Zhan of Wuxian's past history of self-harm so he did not want to leave him alone for too long.