Ch. 21

Haikuan arrived at Yibo and Zhan's house and brought in a bag of clothes he brought from his house. He was confused by the sudden favor but when Zhan told him that a man that looks like Haikuan landed in their yard, he was now curious. This situation was getting interesting but he worried as to why these people were coming. There was even a little boy so he brought some of Fanxing's clothes as well. Zhan let Haikuan in and went to the medical room with the bag of clothes. When he entered, the similarity between Haikuan and Wangji's brother was uncanny. He then saw Wuxian was holding a young boy and the boy was awake.

"Hello," Haikuan greeted calmly.

"You look like Uncle," the boy said.

"You must be A'Yuan," Haikuan said, "you can call me Kuan-Ge."

"Kuan-Ge," A'Yuan said.

Haikuan looked at his brother, "has he not woken yet?"

"No, but he was heavily injured so all we can do now is wait," Yibo said.

Haikuan saw Wangji keeping his distance as he was thinking some things over, "I take it Wangji is having some things on his mind," he asked.

Zhan nodded. Xichen was soon starting to come to. With a groan, he pressed his hand to his head and opened his eyes. He soon realized that he was not alone in the room. Three men standing at a slight distance from him. His eyes immediately went to Yibo.

"Wangji?" Xichen asked, confused.

Yibo pointed to Lan Wangji on the couch in the room, "he is over there, I am Wang Yibo...I am sure you have a lot of questions."

Xichen looked at Wangji then back at Yibo then to Wangji again, "Didi?" Xichen asked.

Wangji let out a deep breath and went over to him, "Huan-Ge," he said calmly and pulled him into a hug. Xichen was so happy to have his brother back. The amount of stress and pain he had suffered was a lot and he was just glad to see him again.

"We will talk about things but there are a lot of things to share," Wangji said, "and I hope you will accept Wei Ying?"

Xichen was confused and looked at Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan then pointed to the other bed in the room where Wei Wuxian was sitting.

"Ugh, hello again Zewu Jun," Wuxian greeted nervously.

Xichen had no right to be upset with Wuxian. He was starting to learn that what happened at nightless city was not his fault. He had looked into it after Wangji's death as it was something he would have wanted.

"It's nice to see you again too, but who are these other people?" Xichen asked.

"As I said, I am Wang Yibo, this is my boyfriend Xiao Zhan and my older brother Haikuan," Yibo said, "you ended up landing in an alternate universe and your brother and Wuxian have been trying to figure out how to get back."

"He looks like me," Xichen pointed out, "also, I am Lan Huan, Courtesy name, Xichen. My title is Zewu Jun. You all can call me Xichen."

They nodded and Haikuan spoke, "we are trying to look into the lookalike stuff as well. Wangji looks like Yibo and Wuxian looks like Xiao Zhan. Even A'Yuan looks like my adopted son Fanxing."

Xichen was even more confused, "okay," he said, "I am going to need some time to take all this in."

"Huan-Ge, A'Yuan said a fight broke out at home, what happened?" Wangji asked.

"We were holding a conference meeting at Cloud Recesses, and people somehow found out that A'Yuan was a Wen. I did what I could to keep him safe. Jiang Cheng was angry as always and whipped me once with his Zidian, but it was meant for A'Yuan, I just blocked it. Somehow a huge fight broke out and I ran with A'Yuan. I got cut a couple times and shot with some arrows but I didn't stop. Not until I ran to a cliff and just jumped, I had my sword so I thought I could fly off, but my spiritual energy was low from all the injuries," Xichen explained, "the meeting was actually held because evidence was found that Wei Wuxian was framed. We found that Su She had a hundred holes as a backlash. He was the one who cast it, he was also the one who altered Chenqing...the problem, he didn't act alone and he isn't sharing who he worked with."

Wei Wuxian was shocked, "what?"

"I am very sorry, A'Xian," Xichen told him.

Wuxian shook his head, "do not worry too much about it right now," he said, "you just woke up so we can talk about the rest later."

Wangji hated when Wuxian swept his problems under the rug like that but he was right, Xichen had just woken up. He was confused and he probably had so many questions.

"Huan-Ge, Wei Ying has been telling us about what he has been through, and why he stopped using his sword," Wangji said.

Xichen looked at Wuxian, "what do you mean?"

"Remember I went missing for three months?" Wuxian asked.

Xichen nodded, "I do," he said.

"It happened shortly after the massacre of Lotus Pier. My siblings and I went into hiding as we were the only three left alive. Shijie was ill will a fever so I left to get her medicine. When I came back, Jiang Cheng was gone. I found out he was captured by Wen Chao somehow and was back in Lotus Pier. Wen Ning helped me get him back, including Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu's remains. He then took my siblings and me to a secret location where he and his sister were hiding.

I found out Jiang Cheng lost his golden core to Wen Zhuliu. I searched for days trying to find a way to help him and found a scroll that Wen Qing had. It was a thesis she wrote on golden core transfers. She told me that it was only a fifty percent chance of it being successful but I said it was fine as I wouldn't regret my decision.

We tricked Jiang Cheng to go to a secluded mountain in Yiling as he thought I would know where my grandmother and grandmaster would be located. I actually didn't know but it was enough to get him out. He was blindfolded and then he passed out after Wen Qing had him smell a fragrance. As the golden core was very fragile, I could not use anesthetics or pain medicine, and had to remain awake for the whole process.

It took almost three days for her to remove my golden core and transfer it to Jiang Cheng. Afterwards, I was to wait for Jiang Cheng at the nearby town but he never showed up. I waited for a good few days too. I was then blocked by Wen Chao and I was beaten and tortured by his men. He then took me and flew me over the burial mounds and pushed me in," Wuxian explained.

That was so much information for Xichen to take in. He began to think back at everything. It made so much sense for Wuxian to stop using his sword, especially since his sword was a spiritual sword. He couldn't wield it without a golden core. Being trapped in the burial mounds would then make him able to learn to use resentful energy. Xichen knew there was more to this and Wuxian told him everything to get him caught up with everyone else. He has yet to talk about his demise.