Ch. 31

Yibo came out to everyone and looked fairly tired, "Wen Qing is stable but she is unconscious still. We have her in a room in ICU for now," Yibo said.

"ICU?" Wuxian asked.

"Intensive care unit, it is for high priority cases like Wen Qing," Yibo said, "She has multiple lacerations, bruisings, she has several broken bones, and a head injury. She even has burns on her arms and her back."

"I do not know what they did to her, but I could hear it. I couldn't just listen anymore and I managed to get her out," Wen Ning said.

"Are you injured, you look pale?" Yibo questioned.

"Yibo, he isn't actually alive," Wuxian said, "He is a conscious corpse. You remember me talking about it right? This is him."

"So he is alive but dead," Yibo said and looked him over, "impressive...yet creepy at the same time."

"You will be fine, he isn't going to hurt you," Zhan told him, "Big baby."

"Zhan-Ge, do not tease me," Yibo told him.

"Why?" Zhan asked, "Little Lion doesn't like it?"

"I told you to never call me that," Yibo growled through his teeth.

"Why? Little Lion sounds so cute," Zhan said.

"You have been spending time with Wuxian, haven't you?" Yibo asked.

"No," Zhan said, "But I could learn a thing or two. He seems to know what he is doing."

"I say you are doing fine, he is getting so riled up over the who lion thing. Lan Zhan always gets riled up whenever I call him Lan-Er-GeGe," Wuxian said and looked at Wangji, "Right Er-GeGe."

"You should also know, he pays the price for all the teasing later behind closed doors," Wangji warned, "No matter how much you beg I will not let you go this time."

Xiao Zhan's eyes widened and looked at them, "Do not get Yibo any ideas."

"Why? Are you Bottom or Top?" Wuxian asked.

"Well...we haven't been in that situation yet," Zhan said.

"He is bottom, I can already tell," Yibo said, "He is too delicate to top."

"Delicate!?" Zhan asked.

Wuxian giggled and went over to Xiao Zhan, "He doesn't seem like it."

"That is because he looks like you," Yibo said, "You are probably just as delicate."

Wuxian's mouth opened, "I am not delicate," he said and looked at Wangji with a pout, "Lan Zhan am I delicate?"

Wangji swallowed a little as he was now dragged into it again, "Not at all," Wangji said and cleared his throat, "You are not afraid to get your hands dirty."

"Thank you," Wuxian said and turned to Yibo, "See, and Lan Zhan doesn't lie."

"How do you know that?" Yibo asked.

"Lying is forbidden," Xichen said, "Wangji cannot lie. It is nearly impossible for him to lie."

"Ever?" Yibo asked.

"Mnn," Wangji replied, "Wei Ying is cute, not delicate."

"Aiyo!" Wuxian said, "Lan Zhan, you have to warn me before you say something like that again, I don't know if my heart can take it."

"You have a strong heart, I'm sure you will be fine," Wangji said.

"About my A'Jie?" Wen Ning changed the subject, "can I go see her?"

"Mnn, visitors are allowed, just keep the noise down," Yibo said and led them to Wen Qing's room.

"I thought her and A'Ning were burned to death, but here they are now," Wuxian said looking at Wen Qing.

"They must have used someone else's ashes when Jin Guangshan scattered them," Xichen said, "it also seems that Jin Guangyao is the person Su She is probably working with."

"Xue Yang, Su She, and Jin Guangyao," Wuxian said, "why come after me? Xue Yang I can understand as he is just a psychopath, but Su She and Jin Guangyao, did I ever offend them in anyway?"

"You saved Su She from drowning during the Biling water ghoul incident, but he shot you in the arm with an arrow in Xuanwu's cave. As for Jin Guangyao, it may not be you but your amulet," Wangji explained, "Jin Guangshan has been after it, if Wen Ning said he is trying to used Sect Leader Nie and make him a corpse, it can only be that."

Wuxian sighed, "that was the only flaw in the amulet is that it did not have just one owner. Anyone can use it once they have it. I destroyed the one I had but Xue Yang made one. It may not me exactly like mine but it was enough to alter Chenqing," he explained.

"Wei Ying, it altered Chenqing but it listened to you mostly. If the flute stopped playing at Nightless City, you would have gained control back," Wangji said.

"We don't know that," Wuxian said and sat in a chair by Wen Qing's bed, "it's so much to think about. Can we discuss this after she is able to talk about what happened to her?"

"It's probably best," Yibo said, "it's pretty late and visiting hours are getting ready to end. We should go and come again tomorrow."

"Wen Ning?" Wuxian asked.

"Ugh, I do not sleep so I can be anywhere really," Wen Ning said.

"He can be in A'Yuan's room," Zhan said, "maybe it will give A'Yuan someone to be with at night other than sneaking into Wuxian and Wangji's room."

"I do not mind," Wen Ning said.

They all then left. It was strange but Haikuan offered to have Xichen and Wen Ning stay with him. They then agreed with that as Haikuan did not live far from Zhan and Yibo's place. After such a long day, everyone was back home and in there rooms. Wuxian got what Wangji warned him about but he didn't mind. Yibo and Zhan even had their first time that night even though it was a very long day. It was nice for them to unwind and get lost in each other's love before going to sleep.