Ch. 2

"Lan Zhan?" Wuxian called out.

"You know him?" Yibo asked.

Wuxian nodded, "I hurt him...not physically but emotionally...I broke his heart...he tried to save me but my...someone else stepped in and intervened. I tried to make sure he didn't fall with me, but he still fell from the cliff anyway?" Wuxian asked, "my fault again?"

"Wei Wuxian, I know you are hurting, but why don't you relax for a moment," Zhan said, "let my friend look at him? He is a doctor."

"Why does he look like Lan Zhan?" Wuxian asked.

"I have no idea, maybe my brother can help us out. He is a scientist that focuses on genetics and the body," Yibo said, checking over Lan Wangji, "he seems okay, the cut on his arm is a bit deep but I can fix that. Otherwise I think he will be okay. I don't see any other injuries."

Wei Wuxian let out a sigh of relief, "I will cooperate if you help him first," Wuxian said, "his life is more important than mine."

"Everyone's life is equal, no matter the deeds that have been done. We do not know what happened to you both, but we know that you should never undervalue your life with someone else's. Let me tend to your wounds while Yibo looks over your friend, okay?" Zhan said.

"Alright," Wuxian agreed.

"By the way, why do you two wear robes?" Yibo asked.

"This is our normal attire. Are we not in Qishan?" Wuxian asked.

"You are in Beijing," Zhan replied, "2018 to be precise."

"What?" Wuxian asked, "did we time travel?"

"Time travel?" Zhan asked.

"Lan Zhan and I are from a different world...it may seem hard to believe but it's true," Wuxian said.

"We believe you," Yibo said as he cut Wangji's sleeve to get better access to his wound.

"Was that necessary?" Wuxian asked, "cutting his clothes I mean?"

"Yes, how else can I tend his wound?" Yibo asked.

Wuxian shrugged.

"I will go get fresh clothes...I am sure I have something to fit Wuxian," Zhan said.

"For Lan Zhan, just grab something of mine," Yibo said.

"Only I can call him Lan Zhan, you can call him Lan Wangji," Wuxian said.

"I apologize," Yibo said.

Zhan left and gathered fresh clothes for the two of them. Something warm and comfortable. He then returned, "these should do, there is the bathroom there if you want some privacy, and there is also a shower if you want to clean up."

"What is a shower?" Wuxian asked.

Yibo and Zhan looked at each other, "let me show you," Zhan said and helped Wuxian to the bathroom.

He showed Wuxian the faucet within the shower and turned the water in. Wuxian was so intrigued by this invention, "this is interesting," he said.

"Do you not have showers where you are from?" Zhan asked.

"No, just tubs," Wuxian replied.

"You turn it off by turning the valves, just like I turned it on. I will leave you some privacy," Zhan said.

"Thank you...what did you say your name was?" Wuxian asked.

"Xiao Zhan," he replied.

"Xiao Zhan," Wuxian said.