Ideal Date

"What would be your ideal date?"

When William Solace was told that Jason Grace was in the infirmary requesting to see him immediately, he'd assumed that it was about an injury. Instead, he found a quite healthy looking demigod perched on the end of the hospital bed holding a clipboard and repeatedly clicking a pen as a way of stimming as he waited. As Will entered, Jason's eyes flicked up. He pushed his glances up his nose and held his pen above the paper as he asked the question.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Hypothetically!" Jason hurriedly said. Will raised an eyebrow. He knew Jason was in love with Piper but the way he was with Percy sometimes...

"I don't know, dude. Who's asking?"

"Let's say - completely hypothetically of course - that I had a friend who was... Less than straight."

"As in?"

"Gay. Very gay." Jason nodded to emphasise his point. "And let's say that this hypothetical gay friend was into blondes..."

Will blinked.

"And blue eyes," Jason continued. "And surfer dudes. And southern accents."

Will blinked again. He was completely lost at this point but decided to go along with it.

"So this gay dude happens to have a thing for cheerful, slightly sarcastic, stubborn medics and he wants to take you out on a date. However, if he doesn't know where you want to go then he'll end up taking you to a random McDonald's so where should he take you?"

"Uh." Will thought for a moment. "Honestly, I'd be fine with a picnic or a Star Wars movie marathon. Maybe a kiss at the end if it went well. I don't know."

Jason nodded, scribbling furiously away and making various noises of approval as Will spoke. A few seconds later, he stood up and clapped Will on the back.

"Good talk, man," he said before leaving a nonplussed son of Apollo to figure out what was going on.

-

"Hey, Solace."

Will had the second confusing interaction the next day when Nico Di Angelo walked into the infirmary. His long, black hair fell over his face but Will sensed some nerves.

"Hey, Neeks," Will responded cheerfully, putting down his patient information on the end of an empty bed and grinning broadly at the son of Hades. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I was actually wondering when your shift ended. I thought we could..." Nico cleared his throat. "Spend some time together. Ease the boredom."

Taken aback but pleased, Will's beam widened.

"Sure. It's four so I can probably get away with going now. Anywhere specific we're going?"

"Well," Nico hesitated. "I want to be outside but I am kind of hungry. We could eat in the strawberry fields?"

Will nodded and playfully linked his arm with Nico, who avoided his gaze, as they left to get the food from Nico's cabin.

"Any particular reason you asked me?" Will questioned once they set off for the fields with a hamper in hand.

Nico shrugged, saying quietly, "I like being with you."

Will's heart did a flip but he disguised giddiness through a grin. "I like being with you too."

He felt incredibly triumphant when a small blush erupted on Nico's cheeks. It didn't leave even as they sat down and started eating.

They talked for what could have been hours. Will soon discovered that Nico's laugh was the best sound in existence and making him laugh was the best feeling. Nico made him laugh plenty and they'd dissolved into giggles before they decided to head back.

"Hey, Will?" Nico began as they stood up. "Would you want to come back to my cabin and watch something?"

"Sure. Anything in mind?"

A mischievous smile made its way onto Nico's face. "Well I haven't watched the original Star Wars trilogy."

-

It was getting late when the movies were over. The boys had been drawn together throughout the movies and now Will had an arm around Nico, who rested his head on Will's shoulder.

"I've got to go before the harpies come," Will murmured reluctantly as the credits rolled. Nico made a noise of disappointment but forced himself to sit up and see Will out.

Will paused in the doorway, door half open and unsure of what to say but feeling like he should say something.

"I really enjoyed today," was what he settled on. Nico's eyes glinted.

"You'd say the picnic and the Star Wars movie marathon went well?" he checked.

Will nodded. "Of course."

"Well enough for a kiss?"

At first glance it sounded confident but the nerves broke through at the end. Will stood there, processing what an idiot he was. However, he didn't process for very long. Instead, he leaned forward and kissed the boy he hadn't realised he'd been on a date with.

They broke apart a few seconds later with Nico's hands around Will's neck and one of Will's arms around Nico's back whilst the other rested in his hair. Will was grinning like mad and Nico smiled too.

"And you called me dense."

-

A/N

Hey, loves! Thanks for all the reads. Currently working on a request and just wanted to say that I do take requests and love to hear from people.

Insomniac x