My Little Hell Spawns

"Hello, my little hell spawns! Today is a very special day because I finally persuaded my boyfriend to be in a video with me!"

"You forced me to, more like," Will interjected. Nico turned away from the camera to stick his tongue out.

"This is my Will and he has graced us with his presence today for a makeup challenge where I get to put whatever makeup on him I like and he isn't allowed to see."

"I'm very nervous."

"You should be." Nico kissed Will’s cheek. Will rolled his eyes fondly and rubbed their noses together, forgetting momentarily that they were on camera. Never mind. They could edit that bit out.

Nico kissed Will briefly on the lips, unable to contain his mischievous grin.

"Close your eyes," he whispered. Will pulled the sleeves of his jumper down and sighed but dutifully closed them. Nico was wearing one of Will’s jumpers, which was far too big for him, so he rolled up the sleeves to the elbow and got out a makeup pallet.

"I want it to be known," he said. "That I do my own makeup every day so whatever I create here will be deliberately bad. Now, whilst we do this challenge, I have printed a list of questions I get to ask Will to make this even worse for him. And they're all about me. Thank you for the suggestions by the way!"

"Hang on, this wasn't agreed on!"

"Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Do you trust me?"

"No."

"Well, you'll have to trust me on this."

Nico got a brush and got to work.

"Question one is when is my birthday?"

"January 28th," Will replied.

"What's my favourite movie?"

"The Grinch. It's all we watch during Christmas." Will snorted. "I like to think he embodies you. A grumpy old man who's really a big softie."

"Be aware that I'm doing your makeup right now and could do anything to that pretty face of yours."

Will grinned. "You think I'm pretty?"

Nico rolled his eyes, picked up a different brush and started on a new colour. The video was meant to be jokey but he was actually taking this quite seriously. The corner of his  tongue stuck out of his mouth in concentration and his eyes were narrowed and focused.

"What would be my three wishes if I had a genie?"

Will thought for a moment. "For all the queerphobes in the world to be sent to live on Mars, to bring back life and to own McDonald's."

"All except the bringing back life."

"Really?"

"Let the dead stay dead. Alright, next question. Do I want kids?"

Will choked on his own spit. Nico patted him on the back, amused.

"You okay, tesoro?"

"Yep." Will nodded. "That just caught me by surprise. I don't know. Do you?"

"Maybe." Nico shrugged. "But at the same time I have more than enough right now."

"That's sweet."

"Alright, I'm done. Ready to see?"

Will shuddered. "No."

"Three, two, one, open your eyes!"

When Will caught sight of himself, his jaw dropped. Brightly coloured face, round ears, button nose.

"You did not. Nico, you did not turn me into a carebear!"

Nico burst out laughing.

"Don't bother tuning in for the next video," Will advised. "There might not be a Nico left to run it."

"And on that note, bye!"