'Fixed'

TW: Internalised Homophobia

"Who the hell rings the doorbell at three in the morning?" Will groaned. He cursed Cecil being such a heavy sleeper that he could sleep through a fire alarm and dragged himself out of bed, pulling on jogging bottoms and running a hand through his bed head.

He fumble around the counter top for keys and, after a few tries, managed to unlock the door. Will blinked in suprise at the sight in front of him.

"Nico?"

Nico Di Angelo was one of Will's friend Piper's friends, if he remembered correctly. He was bedraggled, soaked to the skin with his wet, shaggy hair plastered to his face. Large bags hunger under his red-trimmed eyes and he was shivering as his t-shirt and skinning jeans clung stubbornly to his skin. A small backpack hung off of his shoulder. Tears streaked down his cheeks and he tried for a weak smile.

"Um... Hi." Nico's voice cracked at the end and he winced. "I'm sorry. I'm really... I just..."

He trailed off and Will snapped back into the present.

"Come in, come in," he urged, ushering Nico out of the cold. "Take off your shoes and sit down. Would you like something to drink?"

"Coffee? Two sugars?" Nico asked, teeth chattering. When he took off his Doc Martens, a bit of water sloshed out the sides so he made the decision to take off his socks as well so as not to spread water everywhere.

Will nodded and headed to the kitchen, trying to pull himself together as much as anyone could when someone showed up in the very early hours of the morning looking like they'd had a breakdown. He made the coffee, quickly checking that he didn't look too much of a mess in the mirror before he joined Nico on the sofa in the living room. He was painfully aware of how shirtless he was.

"Would you like to get changed?" Will questioned. Nico nodded sheepishly and Will showed him to his bedroom, paying out some clothes. Nico came out a few minutes later drowning in Will's far too long jogging bottoms and his favourite Star Wars t-shirt.

Hesitantly, he perched on the edge of the couch, holding his coffee mug with shaking hands and taking a small sip. He breathed in sharply.

"I'm sorry," he said again quietly. "I don't know if you remember me but we met at a few months ago. You had a party here and Piper brought me and my Half-sister. I heard you were training to be a doctor?"

Will nodded cautiously. "Yes, that's correct."

"Well, um, I know this is random but I think there's something wrong with me."

Nico's dark eyes fixed on his lap, where his hands were fidgeting furiously. Will frowned, unsure of how to comfort the boy.

"Okay. Well, I can try and help."

Nico fiddled with his skull ring. "I don't like girls the way that I should. The way I like boys."

Of all the things Will expected to hear, it was not that.

"Nico, there's nothing wrong with that. It's called being gay."

Nico shook his head. "No. No, I'm not gay. I can't be gay. There's something wrong and I need you to fix it. Please."

Will inhaled and exhaled slowly, thinking through the options in his head.

"Alright. I'll help. Do you have somewhere to stay?"

"I was kicked out," Nico whispered ashamedly. "That's why I can't be gay. It's a sin."

"Why don't you stay here? My roommate won't mind and I have a sofa bed in my room. Come on."