Chapter 11

April 7, 2003

"It's Novak!" Bam exclaims after opening up the front door for Novak. Ville gives Novak a hug and I do, too. 

Ville is closer with Novak than any other of Bam's friends. The three of them just get along better than anyone else. Novak is more relaxed compared to all of them. 

I, personally, like Brandon DiCamillio the best. He's more eccentric and he's not afraid to do anything. One time while we were at a resteraunt, I was too scared to go to the bathroom alone, but there were no other girls, so I just stayed at the table. Somehow, without me even telling him, Brandon knew what was going on and waited in line with me. 

Hailey and Axl walk inside shortly after. I run towards them and give them both hugs. Lately, I haven't been seeing them as often as I normally do and I know that it's because of Ville. I just wish that I could see both of them at the same time.

If I do go with him to Finland, I know that's going to be a long time away from my family and friends. They mean everything to me, so I know it's going to be hard on us. 

"Hey," Ville walks up and shakes Axl's hand, then gives Hailey a hug. 

Janette, Axl's wife, walks inside holding their daughter Vanessa's hand. Janette and I have never really gotten along. I don't like her personality and how she holds herself above everyone, but she's a good wife and mother, so I don't say anything. 

"Hi, Janette," I say. She completely ignores me and whispers something in Axl's ear. I act unbothered by it, but deep down, I'm upset. 

"Larry!" Vanessa runs to me and hugs my leg. I bend over and pick her up, resting her on my hip. Vanessa and I, on the other hand, are best buds. Whenever we have family hangouts, she looks for me. "I ate ice cream!"

"Oh, you did?" I ask her, tickling her softly as she giggles. "You did? You did?"

She stops laughing as she looks beside me. "Who's that?"

I turn to see who she's looking at and it's Ville. "That's my boyfriend, Ville."

She furrows her eyebrow at his name, but instead holds her hand out for him to give a high-five. She giggles as he does and points at him. "Your hat is silly." 

We both look up at his beanie and he chuckles. "Do you want to wear it?"

She shrieks and jumps out of my arms, running towards Janette. Hailey walks up to us and she creates a circle. "I do not like Janette."

"Me either," I say in a lower tone. "But suck it up. She's good for Axl and that's all that matters. Here, Ville, you should introduce yourself." I grab his hand and walk towards Janette. She glares at me as if I have no right to even be near her. "Janette, this is my boyfriend Ville. Ville, this is Axl's wife, Janette."

"Hi?" She scrunches her face together and looks at me as if I'm an idiot. 

"Nice to meet you," Ville holds his hand out for her to shake, but she just turns to Axl and starts talking to him softly. My jaw drops to the floor, but Ville pulls me away from her and begins to walk in the opposite direction. 

"Why did you do that?" I ask him, referring to him pulling me away. 

"Because I know that you're going to say something and I don't want to start anything," He replies, standing next to Hailey. 

"How did it go?" Hailey asks Ville, concerned by the look on my face. 

"Larissa!" Janette calls out my name and waves me over towards her, away from Axl.