Chapter 22

June 5, 2003

Ville and I finally looked around at a couple of apartments that were around a price that was enough for both of us to afford so that we could move in together, despite me not having any source of income for money besides my parents. 

We were fond of one of them, but we decided that we should look for more until we found "the one". I'm a super picky person, considering I would get everything I wanted growing up, so finding somewhere that I want to live in is a process. Thankfully, Ville has the patience to tolerate that. 

I feel really ashamed to say that I have no job, but I'd rather be able to spend as much time with Ville as I possibly can. Being around him makes me a better person. When I've heard other people speak that way about their boyfriend/girlfriend, I always assumed that they were co-dependent, but now I understand it. I just fit well with him. 

"I made some lasagna for dinner," Ville pops his head into my room. "But there's no meat."

"Hey," I jokingly snap at him. "Just because you're a vegetarian doesn't mean that I have to be."

He smirks at me, then walks into the room and takes a seat down on the bed next to me. "You know, I think I could get used to this."

"To what?"

"To being with you everyday."

My heart flutters as he says this. No one has ever complemented me the way that he has or even made me feel nearly as appreciated as he has. Not once in my whole life. But ever since he's been here, that's all he's done. 

"I don't think I could get used to this," I say, but deep down I'm joking. He looks up at me with a saddened expression and I laugh. "No, no, no, I'm joking."

He sighs in relief. "Larissa, I thought you were being serious."

I shake my head. He doesn't respond, leaving me staring into his striking green eyes, the color of a light green grass field. I get lost into them despite the fact that I can see the rest of his body. I'm so focused on his eyes and the way that they soften as he smiles. 

His eyelids shut, letting me no longer look into his eyes. Instead, he places a hand on my arm and leans into me. I lean forward and he places his lips very gently onto mine. I return the kiss and feel my heart beating faster. 

Everytime that Ville and I kiss, it feels like we're doing so much more at once. It's like we're allowing each other to see our vulnerable sides that we would never show to anyone. 

I have never kissed anyone like I've kissed Ville, let alone gotten the urge to kiss him this way. I want to kiss him harder and faster and hear him breathe heavily, but I know I have to take things slow, just like he's doing.

As if he's reading my mind, he takes the kissing to the next level. He begins to put so much more force into it that I'm pushed backwards and laying down on my back on the bed. I kiss him so much harder and so much faster just like I've wanted to. 

He slides his cold finers underneath my shirt, grazing my skin, just to cup my breast. It's something that he does everytime. My ex-boyfriend didn't have a big thing for breasts; he liked ass more, so this is newer to me. I'm enjoying it. 

He lifts my shirt up over my head, so we part lips for a second to allow this to happen, both breathing heavily in that quick amount of time, but the sound slowly escapes the air as our lips find our way back to each others' again. 

I know that the next step is him going to take off my bra, so I'm internally freaking out, but I'm arching my back to make it easier for him to unclasp it. This is the furthest that we've ever taken our relationship.