Chapter 73

May 8, 2006

Walking through the set, I'm embarrassed that I'm much later than I should be. Missy told me to be here an hour ago. I don't know how I got here so late--I must've lost track of time. 

Luckily, it's not as hot outside as she said it was going to be. I show up wearing the most revealing tank top ever and jean shorts that almost reveal my ass because she said that Bam describe the weather as being draining, due to the heat, but what she failed to remember is that not only is Bam overdramatic, he also wears layers on top of layers and they're all black. Of course he's going to be fucking hot. 

"Larissa!" Missy emerges from under the canopy where all the cast and crew are sitting at and runs over to me to give me a hug. 

We've grown really close over the past couple of months. She is my best friend without a doubt. Through my breakup with Jake, she was there for me. 

Jenn was never like this when Ville and I broke up. She checked up on me every once in a while, but Missy called me everyday and had me talk about it. She even let me stay with her until I bought myself a new apartment. 

I got over the breakup quicker than I thought I was going to. Granted, it took two weeks of being miserable for me to understand that I needed to get over it. So I did. I went out and did things with Bam and Missy. I started playing the guitar again. I watched movies. 

Telling my family was one of the worst parts about it all. Hailey and Russell were very upset by it. Axl was probably the worst out of everyone. Jake was his favorite and he really idolized him. My parents were upset by it, too. They really liked Jake; they thought he was perfect. 

I still haven't been able to talk to Janette about it, though. I haven't seen her in months. Every time I ask Axl about her, he just shuts it down and tells me that she's out doing something, which brings me to think that they might be getting a divorce, but I don't want to put that out there just in case they're not. 

Jake and I haven't had any contact with each other. There have been times where I've contemplated calling him, but I know that that's not a good idea. 

"Hi!" I say to Missy and pull away from her. 

"That was the longest hug ever," She wraps an arm around my shoulder and guides me under the canopy. Finally, there's shade. "Larissa, this is the funniest skit that they've ever thought of."

"Hi Larissa," Bam says, sitting down at one of the tables. 

I smile at him. After Ryan calmed me down the day after Jake and I broke up, I apologized to Bam for slapping him, but he just laughed about it and told me that he deserved it and that he didn't care. 

Typical Bam. 

None of the people sitting here are safe, including me. I remember from the first movie that they would go around behind the scenes and do things to people--I can't remember if it was shaving their hair or some other shit. Either way, I could be one of those victims. I don't even know why I'm here in the first place. 

Missy and I take a seat at one of the tables. 

"Nice to meet you," Jeff Tremaine, the director, approaches me and shakes my hand. 

"Hi," I shake his hand back. I've met him a couple times before, but he must not remember me. I don't blame him. He's probably worked with so many people that it's hard to remember them. 

Jeff sits down next to Bam. "So what's the plan for today?"

They're filming a scene for Jackass 2. 

"Just shaving the pubes," Bam casually says and I burst out in laughter.