Chapter 61

April 22, 2005

Jenn has been staying with us for the past week, which I don't mind. It's nice being in her company again and being around her. She never fails to bring out a wild side to me that isn't normally brought out. 

She's suggested numerous times that Jake, her, and I all have a threesome but every single time, I shut it down. Even though she keeps asking, it's only when she's drunk, so I know she's not being too serious. 

Jenn means the world to me and I'll do whatever I need to to make sure that she feels okay, which is why I'm sitting in the driveway of Bam's house. I have no idea who's all here, but I'm hoping everyone is so I can make a fool out of him. 

Jake knows that I'm here, but Jenn doesn't. She went out somewhere this morning, but she didn't tell Jake or I where she was going. I told Jake what my plans were and he decided to stay back in case I wasn't back in time for when she would be coming back. 

I warned him that she might try to do something with him and he seemed uncomfortable by that, so I told him to call me in case she did. I don't like that I have to worry about her doing that with my boyfriends, but I feel like I can't bring it up to her right now since she's still really upset about the breakup. 

I get out of the car and lock it, then walk up to the doorstep, but right as I'm about to knock on the door, it opens by itself and I see Ryan right in front of me. 

I guess that's a better idea than me knocking on it because Bam probably wouldn't want me in here anyway. The only connection that we had through each other was Ville, but we broke up, and Jenn, but they broke up. 

"Larissa?" Ryan chuckles, astonished to see me. "What are you doing here?"

"I just--I--" I sigh, not really knowing what my plan was. I was hoping that I would just be able to walk inside of there and see Bam, then I would know what to say. 

"Larissa," He sighs and takes a step towards me, shutting the door softly behind him, then folding his arms across his chest. "Is this about Jenn?"

"What else would it fucking be about?" I raise my voice at him. "He fucking cheated on her and she's miserable! She's been staying in my apartment for a week, Ryan. She's a mess."

"Did you know that she also did shit, too?"

"That has nothing to do with the breakup. She broke up with him because of the whole Jessica Simpson ordeal."

"They would get into fights constantly and she would hit him, Larissa."

"I'm not mad at him for them breaking up. No, if anything I'm happy that they broke up. But she is my best friend and he cheated on my best friend!"

Ryan chuckles softly to himself. "Do you want to go inside and talk to him? Because you and I both know damn well that he's not going to listen to a fucking word you say."

I contemplate the idea. It's better than nothing and at least I'll try. I want to stand up for Jenn. She would do the same thing for me. 

"Ah what the hell?" Ryan opens up the door. "Go inside, Larissa. Let's go talk to him."

Walking inside, I have my doubts about what I'm doing. I don't even know what to say. I follow Ryan into the main room and find everyone hanging out. 

"Larissa, what are you doing here?" Dico asks. 

Bam stops what he's doing, then looks at me and groans. "What the fuck are you doing here? If it's about Jenn, I don't want to hear it."

I feel very small in this situation. I came here feeling very strong about what I was going to do, but now I just feel useless. Jenn would be ashamed of me.