Chapter 46

May 15, 2004

Ville hasn't been his normal happy self. The last time I saw him that way was before I left the tour. 

I wish I could go back in time and revisit those months and relive them. The people we used to be before we found out I was pregnant are so different compared to the people we are now, which doesn't make sense because it's only been a couple of days, but I can feel it. 

When we step out of the car in Bam's driveway, I regret agreeing to coming here. I don't know why Jenn needed us so urgently, but I'm not in the mood for any bullshit. 

Ville grabs my hand and we walk to the door. He hasn't said a word to me the whole car ride. I don't blame him; there's a lot of things to be thinking about. 

"Are you okay?" I ask him. 

He shrugs. "I'll be fine."

I look forward and ring the doorbell, not knowing what to say. Yesterday it seemed like he was just putting on an act for everyone when he seemed happy about the pregnancy after he and Bam walked through the garage door.

Ever since we got home, he's been very mellow and not his normal cheery self. I don't blame him. This is a lot to take in. 

April opens up the door and greets us, then opens the door further back, allowing us to walk inside. 

"Is that--" Ville asks but he's not able to finish his sentence. His mother comes out of nowhere and walks up to him, giving him a hug with her husband and Ville's brother behind her. "What are you doing here?! I wasn't expecting this!"

"Your friend wanted us to come here," She says. 

"Who?" Ville asks, but he doesn't wait for an answer before he hugs his brother and father. Anita gives me a hug and I give her one back, trying to hide my stomach from her. 

"It's nice seeing you," I tell them, not giving his brother or father a hug. They're not as affectionate as Anita is.

Just then, my family walks around the corner. Hailey and Axl walk up to me, giving me a hug while my parents stay back. Luckily I don't have to hide my stomach from them--they'd for sure question it. 

"Okay, what is going on?" I ask. "What are you all doing here?"

"Jenn and Bam asked us to come yesterday," Hailey says. 

"We flew in two days ago and got here yesterday," Anita tells us all. 

"Hello!" Jenn walks into the front room. "Let's all come back here!"

I give her a look. I know that she planned something, I just don't know what. I find Ville and hold his hand as we walk to the kitchen. 

I gasp as I see all of Bam's friends there, who soon over time became my friends. 

"Ville, do you know what's going on?" I ask him. 

He shakes his head. "I'm just as confused as you are."

Jenn walks up to me and whispers in my ear, "This is a surprise gender reveal party!"

I drop my hand from Ville's and stare at her with a blank expression. "Are you fucking serious? Tell me you're joking, Jenn."

She pouts. "Why aren't you happy? You're supposed to say that in a happy voice."

"My family and Ville's parents don't even know that I'm pregnant," I mutter in her ear. 

"That's why you're going to tell them now."

I groan. This is not how I wanted them to find out. I wanted it to be more of a private and secluded talk with them. I am not ready to tell them.