Chapter 27

September 28, 2003

"I am not ready for this," I say to Ville as we approach Bam's house. There's already people rushing in and out, screaming and yelling. "I'm not going to be able to stay for his whole birthday party."

"This might give me an asthma attack," Ville jokes and laughs. "How old is he?"

"He's a year older than me...24. He's turning 24."

"Jesus Christ I'm old," He smiles. 

"You're only three years older than him," I open up the door and I'm immediately hit with the stench of alcohol and sweat. There's so many people in the way and it's freaking me out--I haven't even stepped inside yet.

"I'll go first," Ville offers and he pushes past everyone while I follow behind him, holding onto his long-sleeved shirt. I can tell it's him from a mile away from how tall he is and the fact that he always wears a beanie. 

CKY's song "96 Quite Bitter Beings" is blasthing throughout the whole house. It's so loud that my ears are beginning to ring. 

I've never been a big fan of these big parties Bam hosts, so I only go to his birthday parties. I would always stay next to Jenn, but she would forget about me and I would be third-wheeling her and Bam the whole time. Bam did a good job at attempting to make me feel included. Sometimes I think he only did it out of pity. 

Bodies are being slammed against me and people are screaming/yelling in my ear. I can't tell if they're yelling at me at this point or just other people. Ville stops and goes outside into the backyard, away from everyone else. 

I take a deep breath and step away from everyone. "That was the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life."

Ville chuckles and grabs a beer from a cooler, then wraps an arm around my shoulders, placing a kiss on my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I give him a hug. "We should probably find Bam at some point to wish him a happy birthday."

"Ville!" A voice calls out. Both of our heads jerk to where the noise came from and a very short man with long, black hair approaches us. 

My heart stops as I realize who it is. I love his music so much. 

"Dani!" Ville removes his arm from my shoulders and gives him a hug. "This is my girlfriend, Larissa. Larissa, I assume you know who this is, considering you're wearing one of his shirts, but this is Dani Filth."

"I love Cradle of Filth so fucking much!" I exclaim. "Oh my God, you don't understand. Bam introduced me to them a while ago and I fell in love with you guys ever since. My favorite song has got to be 'Her Ghost in the Fog'."

"It's nice meeting you, too," Dani chuckles and that's when I realize he has a thick Brittish accent. "It's always nice to meet someone that's a fan of your music who's a mutual friend. Ville, I never knew you had a girlfriend."

"We've been dating for about...six months today," He smiles proudly which gives me butterflies. "The last time I saw you I wasn't in a relationship."

"Well congratulations for you two," Dani tells us. "Do you by chance know where Bam is?"

"I have no idea," Ville replies, turning his head backwards to look inside. "There's so many people in there, so I decided to come out here and grab a drink."

"I think I might do the same," Dani reaches into the cooler and grabs a botte of beer, too. He then clinks his bottle with Ville's and takes a drink of it. "Larissa, would you like one?"