Chapter 59

February 20, 2005

The holidays went by quicker than I imagined. On Christmas Eve, I hung out with Jake at his apartment and spent the night there, then Jake hung out with his family on Christmas while I hung out with mine, but for New Year's we hung out with my family. 

We didn't do anything special, just fireworks and drinking. Jake and I did the traditional kiss on New Year's and it felt magical. 

My family seems to really be taking a liking to Jake. It's not really hard to like Jake. He's a very likeable person and is very kind to everyone. He's very good with kids, too. 

He gets along with Vanessa very well. The last time they saw each other, they played majority of the time. Unlike with Ville, Janette did not have a problem with this. It bothered me a little bit, but nothing too much to where I would bring it up. 

Jake treats me very well and how I deserve to be treated. He makes me breakfast in the mornings whenever we spend the night with each other, he always kisses me and tells me how wonderful and beautiful I am, and he spoils me. 

Whenever I see something in a store that I like, he'll get it for me--unless it's cigarettes; cigarettes are his only exception. 

"Is it going to be really chaotic in there?" Jake groans as I open up Bam's door. 

"Obviously," I grin at him and we make our way inside to find that it's surprisingly not as loud as it normally is. "We're here!"

I take Jake's hand and guide him through the house as if it's my own. We walk upstairs and find Bam and his friends playing pool. 

"Well look who decided to show up!" Jenn beams with excitement and runs over to me, forcing me into a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever, Larissa. We can't keep doing this."

I nod in agreement. "I know, we need to see each other more often."

"So this is your new boyfriend," She bites her lip, looking up at Jake. It makes me uncomfortable, and him too, but I don't say anything. Jake doesn't seem to notice it and I know she'll just get mad at me if I do say something. 

"Yeah, he is," I nestle my face into his chest to sort of make Jenn back off and know that he's mine. 

"Hey Larry!" Bam calls out for me. "How different is it from dating a musician to an actor?!"

"He actually stays home," I smile and guide Jake to sit down on one of the couches and face them all playing pool. 

"I can't believe you're dating a fucking movie star, Larissa," Jenn says. "By the looks of it, your next one will be fucking Johnny Depp."

"No thank you," I chuckle and lay down on Jake's chest. "I don't plan on dating anyone else...for now."

"For now?" Jake laughs. 

"Well, if you do something weird then I'm breaking up with you."

"Oh, right right," He runs his fingers through my hair. "So, you guys are best friends?"

"Yeah, ever since we were young," Jenn moves herself closer to us. "She and I are really close. We tell each other everything."

I haven't told her anything that has happened in the past couple of months. She doesn't even know if Jake and I had sex or not. 

I made the mistake of being too open during my relationship with Ville. I don't want everyone knowing my business with Jake. 

It feels like forever since I've been in here. Looking around the room, my eyes land on the huge HIM poster featuring Ville in the middle while smoking a cigarette.