Chapter 55

October 28, 2004

Jake and I have been dating for two weeks now. And they've been a wonderful two weeks. We've been able to see each other everyday and do things. 

Jake doesn't really like going out, so most of the time we're in my apartment or his apartment and just hanging out with each other. 

Most of the time we talk. Having conversations with Jake is so easy, considering that he's able to keep the conversation going by adding on things. 

He's brought joy to my life. I was happy before him, but now I have things to look forward to. He's a very happy person, too, so we just work well with each other. 

I found out that I'm almost a year older than him--ten months--which weirded me out at first, but then it didn't feel weird. It doesn't feel like I'm older than him; he's very mature and acts older. 

"You're probably going to have to meet my family soon," I manage to say as he kisses my neck. 

He pulls his face away from me. "Family or parents?"

"Whichever one you prefer, but I'm hanging out with my family on Halloween and I just assumed you would want to be with me, too."

"Ew, what the fuck?" Disgust paints his face. "Why would I want to hang out with you on Halloween?" My face falls and he immediately laughs. "Larissa, I'm just joking."

"Oh fuck you!" I jokingly say and stand up. "No more kissing for you."

One of the negatives of dating him is that I never know when he's joking or not. He could just be acting like he likes me right now and not genuinely like me. 

That thought rarely comes to my mind. I know that he wouldn't do that to me. Jake's not like that. 

"Yes, we're hanging out on Halloween, and yes I guess that means I'm meeting your family," He finally says. 

"Do you not want to?"

"No, no, I don't have a problem with it."

"Good," I smile and walk over to my kitchen and in the fridge to see if I have anything to make lunch. "Jake, I need to go to the store."

"Right now?" He asks. 

I shut my fridge and put on my shoes. "Yeah. Do you want to come with?"

"Yeah," He gleefully gets up from the couch, looking like a little kid who's mom just asked if he wanted to go to the toy store. 

"Oh my God!" I laugh and grab my purse. "You're driving, though."

"Why do you always want me to drive?" He asks as we walk out of the apartment. 

"It's nice to have someone else drive," I say while locking the door. I don't know if mentioning Ville not being able to drive is a wise thing to do.

"You always drove?"

"Yeah, my ex never got a driver's license so I would have to drive everywhere."

"I could never not have a driver's license," He snatches my keys from my grasp. I notice that he doesn't look pissed off or anything. He seems almost excited to drive. 

I get into the passenger seat, for once, and he drives to the store. I lift my feet up on the dashboard and recline the seat. 

"You're really taking this to heart, huh?" He jokes. "What if I told you that I would never drive again?"

"Then I'd hold you at gunpoint until you agreed to do it."

He laughs and pulls into the store right across from my apartment complex. He perfectly parks the car and we get out, then hold hands as we walk inside.