Chapter 26

Red

Red was froze in fear seeing the ferocious beast. She felt Davey cowering on her shoulder.

So far this day was nearly the weirdest that has happened in her life. First, she had to work with Arthur who found out her secret, then met both second prince of Camelot and the familiar of the F7's leader, then got kidnapped by the loser prince.

To make it even weirder, she just almost kissed Arthur. What's worse was that she didn't even pull away. In fact, it felt like she anticipated.

Which she did not intend to. She was only feeling his human body because she was curious to see what he looked like. Surprisingly, he was a lot more muscular and taller than she expected.

She soon got a little embarrassed when he started flirting with her and was pull herself away. However, before she could he stopped her, placing his hands on her face.

She froze at the feeling of his strong hands and how warm and comforting they felt despite their size. Soon they both were silent and she felt his breaths as he came closer.

Thank goodness this interruption came when it did, reminding her where she was. Or else she would have done something really bad.

Red just wished the interruption were bird calls or even Phillip and Reggie finally arriving at camp. She would have even welcomed Lewis and one of his annoying attempts to woo her.

Anything but the two angry werewolves right in front of them!

"Any idea what we should do?" Arthur asked from beside her.

"You're asking me?" She asked, turning to him in surprise.

"Well, you are the one who led us here," he argued.

"You are one who followed me," she defended. "Besides, you are better at handling beasts you tell me."

"You got a point," he said slowly. "Ok, in times like these I suggest we....RUN!"

Immediately, he started running in the opposite direction. Red, after rolling her eyes, hurriedly followed after.

The two soon found themselves sprinting through the forest, the two behemoths storming after them.

"Please tell me those guys are friends of yours," he said, hopefully.

"Unfortunately, no," she replied, huffing.

Growing up the only other werewolf she knew was her father. After he died, it was just her. Despite her feelings on the curse, once in a she would have liked to someone who went through what she had to nearly every night.

So normally, she would have been glad to see other werewolves (especially because she began to fear that she was the last living one), even be interested in getting to know them and relating to each other.

However, that didn't seem possible with these two, who seemed to want them for their supper instead of chatting.

Red and Arthur kept on running, trying their best to evade the two beasts. Unfortunately, luck was not in their side because they looked determined to catch their prey.

Thankfully, Arthur found a big boulder and pulled them behind it. They caught their breath as they heard the wolves stop and look around, wondering where their targets went.

"That was close," Arthur whispered.

"No kidding," Red agreed. "That was the longest I had to run in my life."

"I'm guessing that's your first time to seeing a beasts like those," he commented as they caught their breaths.

"If you didn't notice," she said. "Edelweiss isn't really crawling with monsters. At least not since- the recent murder."